Singapore Expats Forum

will spass affect the approval for marriage?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
specgals

will spass affect the approval for marriage?

Postby specgals » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:06 pm

Hi i am a Singaporean female age22, my boyfriend age29 a Malaysian Chinese, have been working continuous in Sg for 5yrs,currently still holding a WP, his company has been applying for his Spass for the past 1.5yrs, however after 3 applications and 2 appeals it was still being rejected, and the last appeal was rejected in early oct2011. Just recently we have decided to go into marriage, and would like to apply for approval from MOM, as from what i know both Spass application and approval of marriage are under the charge of MOM, hence my question is, would the recent rejection of his Spass application affect the possible outcome of the approval of our marriage?

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:20 pm

Rejection of the S Pass won't make a difference, but not getting permission from MOM for a Work Permit Holder to marry a local will make a BIG difference. Hopefully, you have already applied to MOM to request permission for him to marry a local. Without it, you to will only get together after you immigrate to HIS country.

specgals

Postby specgals » Sun, 23 Oct 2011 11:43 pm

As i am a Singaporean female together with a WP male, Not yet married. May i also know under what circumstance will our approval for marriage get disapprove? Will there be any minimum income that the female or the male should carry?

Thanks.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 12:03 am

Not sure there is a minimum for approval to marry, but there is a minimum for the local spouse to have if the WP holder were to lose their job. Currently, we think it's around 2.8K/mo for the sponsor (yourself) if you want to apply for an LTVP for him if he loses his job. Until that happens, he will still be on a WP so you don't need the LTVP as long as he's working.