Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP problem for my wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sgmrtbuilder

Postby sgmrtbuilder » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 3:09 pm

ecureilx wrote:
sgmrtbuilder wrote:Met in her country 4 yrs ago - she has never been here until April this year & has been on short term visa since then while all the LTVP applications were being submitted by me. We got married at RoM. I guess this 'marriage of convenience' thing must be the reason - but why don't ICA tell you the reason for the rejections ?

Which country is she from ??

Not a given, but from what I am hearing, from my work colleagues, as well as at church, certain countries LTVP/PR are being rejected en-mass ..

She's from the Philippines - and yes that thought had run through my mind too.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 3:13 pm

sgmrtbuilder wrote:She's from the Philippines - and yes that thought had run through my mind too.

So it could be ..

A few Filipinos, married to Singaporeans, also have issue getting LTVP

Alternate, is there a big age gap ? One of the person rejected, she was 27, her husband, Singaporean, divorcee, was 52 .. ICA had even rejected even after a letter from the MP ..

Let me send you a PM

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 3:50 pm

You gotta watch those May-December marriages. Less than 20% of them survive. And East-West marriages? Less than 5% of them survive past the 2nd year (and most of them are May-December marriages as well).

Yeah, I beat the odds, but my Asian wife is actually a year older than I am. Married 28 years last month.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 4:20 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You gotta watch those May-December marriages. Less than 20% of them survive. And East-West marriages? Less than 5% of them survive past the 2nd year (and most of them are May-December marriages as well).

:roll: :roll:

Shucks, now you tell me .. when I got married in July :( :(