Singapore Expats Forum

Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Discuss travel and holidays tips and advice here.
Emilie 89
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011
Location: Singapore

Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby Emilie 89 » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 9:36 am

I am going to Bintan in mid-November and to Bali at the beginning of December.
I have read that the Visa is for 30 days, but after Bintan and before Bali I will come back to Singapore so will I have to pay for another Visa when I go to Bali?
Thanks !

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 10:09 am


User avatar
carteki
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1237
Joined: Mon, 28 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby carteki » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 3:56 pm

SE - the information on that page is out of date...

Due to widespread abuse Indonesia have discontinued the 7 day $10 visa and the visa on arrival fee is $25. This is a SINGLE ENTRY VISA, so you will need to pay the $25 twice (I am in the same situation with a trip to Bali and then Bintan!)

It is best to ensure that you have exact change in USD. The exchange rate for any other currency is cr@p, although IDR is commonly accepted throughout Indonesia (except for "little Singapore" aka Bintan Resorts). Also, don't forget the IDR150,000(?) airport tax on exit at Bali airport.

Counting down to posts from people who've only paid a $10 visa fee to Bintan / Batam ... This has been subsidised by the operator as they have realised that people who are subject to the visa fee would rather visit Thailand and Malaysia who don't charge anything.

hiflyer
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu, 20 Oct 2011

Postby hiflyer » Fri, 21 Oct 2011 3:01 pm

To add to carteki's comments, my recent experience is as carteki stated, although if you ask nicely, at the airport they can be persuaded to hold onto your passport a short time so you can go to the ATM and come back to complete the visa on arrival process. Best that you have $25 at hand before landing though.

Poc4hontas
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Mon, 24 Oct 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Poc4hontas » Mon, 24 Oct 2011 1:35 pm

Hello

Just went to Bintan 2 weeks ago.
Is true you will need a visa, and visa for Bintan is VOA therefore once you leave the city, back to Singapore, you will need another VOA when you go to Bali.

Hope the info helps

User avatar
frenchinsg
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2011

Postby frenchinsg » Sun, 06 Nov 2011 4:22 pm

Remember to keep rupias, you have to pay when you go out of Indonesia also.

newinsg
Regular
Regular
Posts: 110
Joined: Fri, 10 Jun 2011
Location: Singapore, Singapore

Re: Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby newinsg » Sun, 06 Nov 2011 10:32 pm

Emilie 89 wrote:I am going to Bintan in mid-November and to Bali at the beginning of December.
I have read that the Visa is for 30 days, but after Bintan and before Bali I will come back to Singapore so will I have to pay for another Visa when I go to Bali?
Thanks !


have u finalized your trip as i m interested in bintan but i can go only on weekends as i m studying in singapore. can you email me about your plans at k.nitin.sharma@gmail.com
drop me a mail at k.nitin.sharma@gmail.com
Nitin

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby JR8 » Sun, 06 Nov 2011 11:22 pm

newinsg wrote:
Emilie 89 wrote:I am going to Bintan in mid-November and to Bali at the beginning of December.
I have read that the Visa is for 30 days, but after Bintan and before Bali I will come back to Singapore so will I have to pay for another Visa when I go to Bali?
Thanks !


have u finalized your trip as i m interested in bintan but i can go only on weekends as i m studying in singapore. can you email me about your plans at k.nitin.sharma@gmail.com


What was it about Emilie's post that makes you think she is looking for a traveling companion?

Emilie 89
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Fri, 07 Oct 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Emilie 89 » Thu, 10 Nov 2011 2:02 am

FYI, just came back from Bintan. Visa is USD 10 for 7 days maximum. Change your money in Singapore, it is really better.

User avatar
Island Guru
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 28 Oct 2011
Location: Bintan, Riau Islands, Indonesia
Contact:

Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby Island Guru » Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:00 pm

the Indonesian visa-on-arrival must be purchased, as the name indicates, each time you arrive in the country; the visa becomes void once you leave the country... so two separate trips means two visas

remember that if you purchase a 7 days @ US$10.- visa in Bintan, you have to leave the country again through a Riau Islands port; you can not leave Indonesia from Bali with that visa, unless you get the 30 days @ US$25.-

i hope this helps...

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby the lynx » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:13 am

JR8 wrote:
newinsg wrote:
Emilie 89 wrote:I am going to Bintan in mid-November and to Bali at the beginning of December.
I have read that the Visa is for 30 days, but after Bintan and before Bali I will come back to Singapore so will I have to pay for another Visa when I go to Bali?
Thanks !


have u finalized your trip as i m interested in bintan but i can go only on weekends as i m studying in singapore. can you email me about your plans at k.nitin.sharma@gmail.com


What was it about Emilie's post that makes you think she is looking for a traveling companion?


+1

:?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Re: Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby nakatago » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:21 am

the lynx wrote: :?


And this is not the first, the only or the last one.

User avatar
the lynx
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5239
Joined: Thu, 09 Dec 2010
Location: Midgar

Re: Bintan in Nov, Bali in Dec: question about the visa

Postby the lynx » Fri, 18 Nov 2011 11:32 am

nakatago wrote:
the lynx wrote: :?


And this is not the first, the only or the last one.


I know... Saw such posts littered everywhere by this fellow.

And I had the misfortune of meeting him during one of those expats' gathering *faces palm*


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Travel & Holidays”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest