Singapore Expats

PR chances

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
felzaway

PR chances

Post by felzaway » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 11:52 am

Hi all,

I've been holding S pass for past 3 years and earning 3k. Working as Interior Designer and graduated from Raffles Design & Commerce in Australia with Bachelor of Design. I tried to apply PR 2 years ago and it was rejected. ICA asked me to wait for another 2 years with financial reason. I was earning 2.2K. I applied for EP 3 months ago but it was rejected. I'm Indonesian Chinese

I'm planning to apply in this near time. What do you think of the chances of approval?

Thx u
Last edited by felzaway on Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:00 pm

Not good.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

felzaway

Post by felzaway » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:09 pm

may i know which factors that might minus the point?

I noticed that ICA gives many points for University/Institution and my College might be not one of them. :(

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:18 pm

felzaway wrote:may i know which factors that might minus the point?

I noticed that ICA gives many points for University/Institution and my College might be not one of them. :(
where do they list these points, if I may ask ??? :oops: :oops:

felzaway

Post by felzaway » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:24 pm

I read at some website :? (i cant find the link now) that ICA give a lot of weight to certain degree and well known universities.

forgot to add, i've been staying in Singapore for 6 years

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 12:28 pm

That will be one of the main factors I believe. You've been here 6 years and you are only an S pass holder and yet you are a graduate and have been rejected for an EP as well. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

felzaway

Post by felzaway » Sat, 15 Oct 2011 1:42 pm

Yea i think so too. My friend who graduated later than me (from the same college) who is earning 3.5K applied for EP and approved.

Does PR sibling (who is married to Singaporean and has a daughter) might be a good factor for me to apply PR too?

Anyway maybe i'll try to apply and see how's coming. if it's rejected i shall wait for another year. :(