Singapore Expats Forum

28/F: 6 weeks in.. ready to make some new friends

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
ssyeong

28/F: 6 weeks in.. ready to make some new friends

Postby ssyeong » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 9:54 pm

Hi,

I have recently moved over from Melbourne after living there for a decade. Originally grew up in KL and moved to Singa 6 weeks ago.

Think it's about time that I widen my social circle. Please let me know if anyone is interested in catching up or hosting drinks.

Cheers.

jkvz2011
Regular
Regular

Hi

Postby jkvz2011 » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:39 pm

Hi there,i will not mind meeting up with new friends to have a short drink or dinner... Drop me a email if you are interested... victor.zeng@yahoo.com.sg

ssyeong

Thank you

Postby ssyeong » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks everyone for their messages. I probably should have included more details about myself. I moved from Melbourne to Singapore for family and work. I'm working as a doctor and would love to get to know some people as I don't have many friends in Singapore. So please just send me a message if your interested.

Cheers
Swan

ShanSG

Re: Thank you

Postby ShanSG » Sun, 16 Oct 2011 4:37 pm

[ :cool:
Last edited by ShanSG on Tue, 18 Oct 2011 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

michaela84

Postby michaela84 » Mon, 17 Oct 2011 4:44 pm

Hi,

I'd like to meet you if you have the time to spare?

I arrived in Singapore a few weeks ago for my partner's work. I'm Scandinavian, but we moved here from London. As a teenager I lived in KL for a couple of years.

Please let me know if you have some time over the next couple of weeks.

Michaela.

ssyeong

Postby ssyeong » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 6:58 pm

Thanks everyone for their messages. I'm not sure what's going on with the website but it won't allow me to reply until more post has been made. Anyone know how I can overcome this problem??

michaela84

Postby michaela84 » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:47 pm

I have the same problem... really frustrating right? Can't even swap contact details without making it public to everyone...

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:34 am

The easiest was is to contribute to the forum. Most of our members here are helping others, kind of like paying it forward. After a certain number of posts your PM function will automatically activate. This is not "punishment" but rather a function of keeping spamnwe to a minimum. Most ardent spammers to PM mailboxes are discouraged when they find out that they cannot just register and spam away.

ssyeong

Postby ssyeong » Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:27 pm

Thanks for the tip

rjd

Postby rjd » Sat, 22 Oct 2011 6:20 pm

hi guys,

I'm 29yo female, married, and been here in SG for more than 3 years. A lot of my friends have arleady moved back to phils or went somewhere else. Would be nice to gain more friends :)

I'm still newbie here in this forum so I cannot yet PM, looking forward for a meetup
rjd

SGsoprano

Postby SGsoprano » Sat, 22 Oct 2011 9:07 pm

Hi ladies,
I'm a newbie too, just got here 2 weeks ago for my new husband's work from Tokyo. 28/f Japanese but grew up in the US. Would love to meet new friends and get to know the city!

please keep us posted!

cheers

SJonsey

keen to meet up as well

Postby SJonsey » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 2:44 pm

Hi everyone, I am new to Singapore as well, from London. I am keen to meet some new people, especially some girls who I can hang out with and go shopping etc. Be good to meet up with you all at some stage.

S x

rjd

Postby rjd » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 7:07 am

hi ladies :) maybe we can meet up for some coffee this weekend or next weekend?
rjd

vivc

Postby vivc » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 12:15 pm

Hi girls - just moved here 3 months ago and would love to meet new friends :) we should organise something!

nat96

Postby nat96 » Wed, 02 Nov 2011 4:41 pm

Hey guys,

I've been in Singapore for 7 months.

I'm 25/f from London. I moved here to live with my family who have been here for a couple of years.

Would love to meet up and make some new friends as my social circle isn't that big. I love shopping, drinking, partying, going to the cinema etc. I really miss my tight knit group of 'girls' from back home and need to get out and start enjoying the expat life! Anyone free to meet up let me know.
Good things come to those who wait...