Singapore Expats Forum

PR Chance for my wife - housewife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
voxies09

PR Chance for my wife - housewife

Postby voxies09 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 1:04 pm

Hi, I am SPR for 5 years, just renew my REP few months back;

I married with her in 2010; She did not graduate from university, only vocational school. I applied her PR under spouse in 2010 and rejected; so I applied Long term visit pass which is approved for 1 year.

Now she is pregnant with our first child (baby boy) and I am going to try to apply PR again; wondering if housewife had a chance to get PR?;

My monthly salary is more than 3K+

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 1:16 pm

I would recommend you wait until your boy is born and then make a join PR application for your wife and son. By then you would have been married for 2 years and with a son both very good points.

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 3:25 pm

I made appointment already.. my baby is due on December; my wife LTVP will expire next Jan 2012;

I am hoping we get the approval before Dec so that I will help to reduce the cost for labouring in SG + dont have to renew the LTVP.

Otherwise, I will re apply again after my baby is born.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 3:43 am

I would save the disappointment and wait until you have been married 2 years, but keep ICA informed of the birth, then apply. If I'm not wrong it used to state on the ICA website that new spouse had to be married 2 years in the FAQ for PR.
It's a couple of years since i last looked and things change often here but i cannot see them reducing it!
Though you will have to check it out yourself I'm off to bed! If it is fact place the link please.

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 8:48 am

voxies09 wrote:I made appointment already.. my baby is due on December; my wife LTVP will expire next Jan 2012;

I am hoping we get the approval before Dec so that I will help to reduce the cost for labouring in SG + dont have to renew the LTVP.

Otherwise, I will re apply again after my baby is born.

Cancel the appointment then and heed the advice that both KSL and me have given and don't waste your 2nd PR application.

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:11 am

Guys, I forgot, my marriage was Oct 2009.. now is Oct 2011; it has been 2 years :) (hopefully my wife did not see this)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 10:17 am

For your sake, I hope she doesn't see it either! :lol:

If it's been two years, go for it. You are not limited to the number of applications, but if they're too close together, then you might wear pretty thin with the ICA officers. If it's been two years, you, at least, have as much of a chance as anybody else.

sms

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 1:18 pm

Yep you should now at least qualify so go for it! For every application try to add additional information as and when it arrives. Always keep them updated on income increase and such relevant information.

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Fri, 28 Oct 2011 7:31 pm

last few days ago i checked from Ienquiry, the status was pending. However, today i checked it said no result found...

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 10:36 am

updated today from ienqury; my son application was rejected and my wife still pending.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:21 pm

voxies09 wrote:updated today from ienqury; my son application was rejected and my wife still pending.

I'm a bit confused; Did you apply for him before he was born? It isn't clear.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:24 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
voxies09 wrote:updated today from ienqury; my son application was rejected and my wife still pending.

I'm a bit confused; Did you apply for him before he was born? It isn't clear.

Since the OP's initial post is not clear, this is a valid question.

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:30 pm

I applied for my wife PR before my son born. But later on I applied for my son 2 weeks after he was born.
Last edited by voxies09 on Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:32 pm

voxies09 wrote:I applied my wife PR before my son born. But later on I applied for my son 2 weeks after he was born.

You applied for your son as a separate application? If you had applied for your son 2 weeks after he was born, it shows you are a bit desperate for PR. Sorry to say this.

Why not wait for a year and then apply for PR for him?

voxies09

Postby voxies09 » Mon, 09 Jan 2012 3:39 pm

my friend once told me, when she applied her daughter after 3 months and rejected, the ICA officer told her that if she applied within 40 days after the child was born, the application will take about 2 months with good outcome.

Frankly, I am desperate for PR, PR will definitely help me alot financially because my son has huge medical bill which only can be helped by the hospital if he is PR.

I will try to appeal on the medical ground; but I am happy my son is healthy :)

Ps: yes I applied my wife first then my son.. separate application