Singapore Expats

good place for waxing

Discuss about beauty & health. Need some advice or looking for a particular product? Share your beauty and health tips here.
K C

good place for waxing

Post by K C » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:08 pm

Hi there!
I'm looking for a good, clean, not crazzy expensive place for waxing. Been dissapointed by "stripp"
Any recommentation?
Thanks!

*NiC*

Post by *NiC* » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 10:33 am

Hi KC,

its good to know that "strip" wasnt so good. I stood in front of one of their branches yesterday and was shocked by the prices!!

Did you find somwhere else yet?

The other day a indian beauty parlour lady was recomended via this forum to me. She does home visits for waxing. I'm thinking of giving it a try, never had a "home wax" before though :)

Could give you the contact details if you interested?

nicole

pinkypillz

Post by pinkypillz » Thu, 17 Nov 2011 12:24 pm

Hi i need her contact details as well ..thanks

kimora
Regular
Regular

Post by kimora » Sun, 20 Nov 2011 5:09 pm

There are lots of small parlours along Serangoon Rd Little India, near Tekka market where I've gone for full leg waxing $30, that is reasonable and good table manners.

I like Strip Wax - depends on which outlet you go and if you get a package, never disliked their service just can't stand that they always try to sell you something but that's most chain salons here.

rycad

Post by rycad » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 10:22 am

I get mine done at pink parlour 313 sommerset. I have been going there for a while now and they are pretty good

I have been wanting to try stripp, hmmm... now I am thinking twice

poodlek
Reporter
Reporter

Post by poodlek » Mon, 21 Nov 2011 12:59 pm

I've been really happy with my service at strip. I've been going there since march 2010 and only my most recent visit did I have a less than spectacular experience. That was at their newest outlet at vivicity, so I'll chalk that up to inexperience, I guess. The outlet at Paragon is fabulous.

*NiC*

Post by *NiC* » Mon, 28 Nov 2011 2:23 pm

Hello girls,

I just came back from Diana King at Holland Village. Had a "Brazilian Playboy" and eyebrow threading. She was really good. It was first time I experienced the hard wax method and it was quite good and Diana herself is absolutely lovely.

Cleanness.. I'm not sure looked a bit smuggy but she used the spatula only once and didnt redip. So it was ok.

Also important; she doesnt do "sign ups". So you book, wax, pay and go.
I payed 65$ all together (45$ Waxing and 20$ Eyebrows)

I saw two more Waxing studios at Holland Village. One is right next to Diana King but I didnt take a card - looks nice and new and the other one is in the Holland Village Shopping Mall called "Sugar Secrets", its a bit hidden in the last corner but looks ok. Looking at the price list it says 52$ for the "Brazilian Playboy" and 15$ for eyebrow threading.

Diana King
http://thewaxingguru.com/

Sugar Secrets:
6468 2991 No3 Lorong Liput #02-20/21, Holland Village Shopping Mall
6469 8662 211 Holland Avenue #02-35 Holland road Shopping Centre

Home service:
The woman who recomended the beauty parlour postet this:

"...you can go to her place at toa payoh or at your place with extra transport fees. Shes really good, very friendly and her name is Raji. She does facial, brazilian wax and full bod wax. Her no @ 96908775. Give her prior notice."

Re Strip, heard nothing good about it and to me it looks crazy expensive.

Hope I could help!

Nicole

pinkypillz

Post by pinkypillz » Tue, 29 Nov 2011 9:03 am

Very cheap waxing ...aunty beechu telok kurau..parlor at home..old lady

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Fri, 02 Dec 2011 11:43 am

Yes I'd personally recommend Diana King too. She's very quick, and does a clean job. I hate wax therapists who take their own sweet time and I'm left lying in agony and horrifying anticipation. She does a brazilian wax in 10 mins.

rjh73

Waxing

Post by rjh73 » Fri, 02 Dec 2011 3:03 pm

For those out of town and in the East Coast area I recommend Da Nailz Spa. Its very clean and professional and they make you feel totally at ease if it is your first time.

Its just opposite Marine Parkway Parade in the Roxy Centre on the 1st floor.