Singapore Expats Forum

EP pass rejected twice advice needed

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Moley

EP pass rejected twice advice needed

Postby Moley » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:05 pm

I'm a Brit who just moved here with her husband from the UK. He has a job and been working here for 4 months. I had a job offer and signed contract from the Singapore branch of the company I worked for back in the UK doing the same job, but my EP was just rejected twice. I don't have a degree, is there anything else I can do to change this, is it worth trying to go down to the MOM myself with my UK references?
If not is there any other way I can work over here in Singapore, even part time? I have heard that some expat wives can get work teaching English?

Would be grateful for any advice

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:16 pm

Can you confirm you are current on a DP?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:42 pm

Assuming you are legally married (e.g., eligible for a Dependent's Pass), read here:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... fault.aspx

Moley

Postby Moley » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:51 pm

Yes have a DP

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 2:05 pm

Sorry to be negative, or rather realistic, but if you want to teach English (you'll need to be employed by someone firstly) you need Ministry of Education clearance - which is usually granted based on your experience in the past. Then you use the MoE clearance to apply for your employment pass. It's a double edged sword.

Maybe look into doing some qualifications to build up your knowledge if you haven't taught before?

Going back to your first point, and as SMS said, you can always look to get a letter of consent, which allows you to work based on the premise that your partner holds a valid employment pass.

if you want more info on teaching English, drop me a PM. My friend has just moved into that field and would be happy to share their experience with you.

Moley

Postby Moley » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 2:13 pm

Thanks for all the advice, I have had a look at the letter of consent info and will send to my prospective employer to see if they know about this.