Singapore Expats Forum

EP approved - Reentry question

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Postby wannamove » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 5:52 pm

zzm9980 wrote:When I collected my EP in August, and DPs in Sept, both times the appointments were filled 8-10 days out. When I showed up on my respective days though, I was in and out in 30 minutes.

Thank you

wannamove
Chatter
Chatter

Re: EP approved - Reentry question

Postby wannamove » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 4:41 am

wannamove wrote:I have my EP approved. I will be entering Singapore Oct 17th. After spending a few days in Singapore looking for places to stay (I will not start work), I plan to take a trip to India and then re-enter Singapore.

Is it doable? Without visiting the MoM for the EP? How easy is it to get appointments with the MoM?

Thank you

I thought I will update how the process of re-entry actually works after I experienced it.

- EP approved (passport from a non-visa waiver country)
- Enter Singapore with In-Principle approval letter (this acts as a single entry visa)
- Employer will set up e-appointment with MoM (EP online)and make copies of white card and will give some signed documents to be taken to MoM. This includes "Notification for EP holder to report to EPSC
-MoM appointments to can be booked by employer only. My HR was able to make same week appointments.
-At EPSC office (Clarke's Quay), show your appointment letter from employer, wait for your turn. This usually takes around 15-30 mts
-The office is super family friendly and yes you can take your kids and family in. (Just incase someone has the same question as I did)
- Give your documents (you will need photos for the same - there is a instant photo center right next to the EPSC office and you can get it done there - $6 for 4 pictures), get fingerprinted.
- Your white card will be stamped to the Notification letter and stamped. This will act as your visa for re-entering Singapore.
- MoM will specify date for collection of EP (this is usually 10 days from the day of finger-printing)

Hope this helps. Please feel free to PM me if you have more questions

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:08 am

Not only employers, but also anyone can make an e-appointment as long as you have the IPA and its reference no.
To Be or Not To Be

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:13 am

FYI,

You need not look for any officer at EPSC, you just need to scan the printed paper of your e-appointment at the machine located in front of the office then you may see you name displayed few mins later on the electronic notice board.
To Be or Not To Be

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

from yesterday ..

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:46 am

from my experience, to assist somebody, having visited the EPSC center at RIVERWALK (note, it is Clark Quay Station, but River Walk Building, per se .. lest Clark Quay conjures up images of the party area .. ) :D :D

- Time between scanning and called over to the counter - less than 5 minutes

- Document verification seems very very rare (though was asked to bring along originals of the certificates)

- collection for submission yesterday was any day after this Thursday, i.e. 4 DAYS AFTER SUBMISSION ..

Oh, by the way, unlike before, they are not finicky about the photo .. as long as the background is white, it is fine .. while I saw somebody else go to take a photo and the 'photo booth' people insisted that all jewellery must be removed .. :roll: :roll:

vnpan: you may not be able to scan it yourself, as there are enough customer service officers, who insist they must help you .. :D :D

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 9:59 am

Most likely they will direct you to use the machine to scan your letter on your own, unless you make it (as something wrong with the barcode on your letter or you do not know how to use it), they will assist you.
To Be or Not To Be

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 10:13 am

vnpan wrote:Most likely they will direct you to use the machine to scan your letter on your own, unless you make it (as something wrong with the barcode on your letter or you do not know how to use it), they will assist you.

Did you miss the two smileys ??? Well, there was NOTHING WRONG IN THE PAPER I WAS HOLDING, and Trust me, I have done that scanning thingy countless of times .. and so was my other friends who were there .. and all of them were approached and the CS people did their utmost (in a nice way .. in case you misread my words .. ) to scan for us ..

And atleast one guy was perpertually following a caucasian, to ensure he knew where to get the photo done and going the extra distance .. TO HELP ..

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 10:36 am

ecureilx wrote:
vnpan wrote:Most likely they will direct you to use the machine to scan your letter on your own, unless you make it (as something wrong with the barcode on your letter or you do not know how to use it), they will assist you.

Did you miss the two smileys ??? Well, there was NOTHING WRONG IN THE PAPER I WAS HOLDING, and Trust me, I have done that scanning thingy countless of times .. and so was my other friends who were there .. and all of them were approached and the CS people did their utmost (in a nice way .. in case you misread my words .. ) to scan for us ..

And atleast one guy was perpertually following a caucasian, to ensure he knew where to get the photo done and going the extra distance .. TO HELP ..

No, I did NOT miss any smileys. If you DID it countless times, why don't you try again and update the recent scenario since my colleague has done it last Friday. Furthermore, those who helped you actually are NOT Customer Service Officer, they are just assistants or helper (CS Officer carries another duty, not standing there and help you). In my case, since I also did it some times, I always make a right turn to the machines and scan by myself. Pls note that the number of helpers is less than number of machines, it means they will approach and help those whom seem to need help, or perhaps it depends on their mood... :D
To Be or Not To Be

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 10:51 am

vnpan wrote:No, I did NOT miss any smileys. If you DID it countless times, why don't you try again and update the recent scenario since my colleague has done it last Friday. Furthermore, those who helped you actually are NOT Customer Service Officer, they are just assistants or helper (CS Officer carries another duty, not standing there and help you). In my case, since I also did it some times, I always make a right turn to the machines and scan by myself. Pls note that the number of helpers is less than number of machines, it means they will approach and help those whom seem to need help, or perhaps it depends on their mood... :D

In jest, let me ask .. did you write the job designation of the people there to distinctly identify who can claim to be CS and the rest must be lowly designated helper ?? like kitchen helper or coffee shop helper ??

:roll: :roll: And it's a wonderful morning ..

I will get my coffee now ..

and I don't think much changed between your colleague doing it last friday and my being there this Monday morning .. ah .. .. never mind ..

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:06 am

ecureilx wrote:
vnpan wrote:No, I did NOT miss any smileys. If you DID it countless times, why don't you try again and update the recent scenario since my colleague has done it last Friday. Furthermore, those who helped you actually are NOT Customer Service Officer, they are just assistants or helper (CS Officer carries another duty, not standing there and help you). In my case, since I also did it some times, I always make a right turn to the machines and scan by myself. Pls note that the number of helpers is less than number of machines, it means they will approach and help those whom seem to need help, or perhaps it depends on their mood... :D

In jest, let me ask .. did you write the job designation of the people there to distinctly identify who can claim to be CS and the rest must be lowly designated helper ?? like kitchen helper or coffee shop helper ??

:roll: :roll: And it's a wonderful morning ..

I will get my coffee now ..

and I don't think much changed between your colleague doing it last friday and my being there this Monday morning .. ah .. .. never mind ..

In case you're not sure what CSO is...http://www.ehow.com/about_6604907_job-d ... ficer.html
And as you said, since now you can call those who assist you in coffee shop as CSO, and if you're still not so sure, you can go there and ask them if they are CSOs.
Btw, I already has my coffee :D
To Be or Not To Be

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:34 am

Wow, a real live pissing contest. :roll:

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:38 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Wow, a real live pissing contest. :roll:

no .. not anymore, when somebody quotes ehow.com :D :D

I lost it .. at that moment .. and had to bow to vnpan :D

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Tue, 01 Nov 2011 11:42 am

NO, you guys all are seniors here, it's my hot temper, but yet it's good to know one another :D
To Be or Not To Be

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 24 Nov 2011 10:10 am

Hi all, this is steps to complete the formalities when come to fingerprinting, docs verification or card collection at EPSC, please the the picture:

or checkout the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/14131731@N04/6392374855/
To Be or Not To Be