Singapore Expats Forum

so there is a reumur in expatsville...

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
2487chica

so there is a reumur in expatsville...

Postby 2487chica » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 12:32 am

months ago there was this guy who posted a topic and a photo saying he's just moved here and is working, living in a good place. he would send emails and reply them... he'll even chat with you but without video... he would say he'll meet you up etc. and make you want to meet up but he never showed up and would disappear for days on your screen.. so this happened and someone on expatsville told me to be careful because there are girls apparently out here who disguise themselves as the ideal bachelor to bait in girls who want to meet up... i don't know if this guy is actually a girl in disguise but this certainly is shady enough... and if there are such girls here who actually planned with a motive like this in mind, they are sick in the head... i'm finding that this forum should verify people at a higher standard...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 3:02 am

What's expatsville, something like farmville?

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 8:29 am

Just name and shame them...

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 8:40 am

I have a suspicion who it is.

@2487chica, could you PM me the username so I could look into it? I'll bring it up with the other mods when I find something.

About vetting, it's not practical to do a background check on everyone who registers--we simply don't have the resources for it.
Last edited by nakatago on Mon, 10 Oct 2011 9:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

QRM
Manager
Manager

Postby QRM » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 9:01 am

Oww let us decide like that Ladyboy quiz Boy or Girl? Seems odd for girl to pretend shes a bloke, though I know girls who do that on line to avoid lounge lizzards from appearing.

Lots of blokes pretending to be girls though.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 10 Oct 2011 9:04 am

QRM wrote:Oww let us decide like that Ladyboy quiz Boy or Girl? Seems odd for girl to pretend shes a bloke, though I know girls who do that on line to avoid lounge lizzards from appearing.

Lots of blokes pretending to be girls though.

How about we verify if it's a trap and if it is, we sic you on the fella? :twisted:

(bad moderator, bad!)

#thingssaidinjest #notreallyserious #sarcasm