Singapore Expats

which is better?CPA/CFA/CIMA, upon getting rmit degree cert

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
starsdevil

which is better?CPA/CFA/CIMA, upon getting rmit degree cert

Post by starsdevil » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 5:21 pm

Hi i am going to complete Singapore SIM-RMIT accounting degree by 2011 (this year) and i planned to continue my study field. i am also working in an shipping industry as an account assistant.

currently i am thinking whether i should take CPA or CFA or CIMA as the next step..

can anyone reckon which is better??

what i know is that CPA is more to accounting field, while CFA is more to financing and CIMA is more to budgeting???

i need help in the next step i am going to... would appreciate anyone's idea

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 5:43 pm

The best question to ask yourself is what do you WANT to do? That's what you should do. Anything else is a waste of both time and money as if you are not enthused about it you will, in all probability, be only mediocre doing it. If it's what you WANT to do, you can and probably will excel. (excelling usually means financially as well).
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers