Singapore Expats Forum

question about appy LTVP for holder of EPEC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
benny65

Postby benny65 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:35 pm

tks JR8, and every guy. Oh GOD, I just want to answer a very simple question, "Can I apply LTVP as a Holder of EPEC abroad", that's this! And according to the link, I suppose I have to show up at Sing first b4 dream anything farther.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 12 Oct 2011 10:40 pm

If you're scheduled to visit SG in the next couple of weeks why not at least try to apply for the LTVP online?

The worst that can happen is that it suddenly asks for a D/E card number and so you have to abandon the application, and wait until you arrive.

SG constantly change their methods and procedures. It would not be unheard of that you can now say apply without a D/E card, but the written requirements are perhaps out of date and say that you still need one.

You've nothing to lose, so why not give it a go?

p.s. And please for heaven's sake when you find out can you come and report back, and put us out of our misery :)

benny65

Postby benny65 » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 1:25 pm

it's not that simple mate, firstly, I tried to fill by the fake number, stopped at step 4, step payment, you pay to go next, that's the money problem. Secondly, I have only one reference number of EPEC, assume that they request the DE at step 5, I have no way to go back, 2 applications with same reference number, same passport number in the system, that's the good idea? I'm the risk taker but I dont think so. And yes, as soon as I applied LTVP, I will go up there report the process for the next people.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 4:06 pm

You're saying they are still asking for further info (step 5) after taking payment in step 4? Seems odd, they usually only ask for payment when the whole application is completed.

And no I'm not suggesting you apply more than once, or by using 'fake numbers (?)'. I had just assumed you could have got through to the end of the application process without having to submit the data or pay.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 5:58 pm

JR8,

Unfortunately, their programmers have almost made the system "masters" proof. Unfortunately, apparently not. You cannot leave one page to go to the next unless all the relevant bits are put into the current page. That way it gives the masters degree holders no leeway to screw it up on application. But they somehow still manage to find a way. All he has to do is go through the whole process and if they don't need the DE card number it will cancel the whole transaction. No worries. But if some fool goes playing with fake numbers and real numbers, well, what to do. He should just apply for the ltvp when he's ready to come over here. He can then apply from overseas and if it will allow it, no problem. If it doesn't, then he needs to do it as soon as he arrives in Singapore. I don't understand why they always have to try to complicate matters. 10's of thousands of other have done it with no problems. But then again, most didn't have masters....... :-|

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 11:36 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: ....... :-|

Chief, privately, I am made to understand that a lot of the applicants are extremely busy, and don't want to waste time in Singapore over useless things like waiting for the time taken between submission and approval

Unlike you and me .. some people value time as so important, you know ..

Even if it means collecting important documents like LTVP, and hence the attempts to 'prepare, apply, fly in, pick up the ltvp and fly out', if given a chance ..

Hence my suspicion if they really apply for EPEC to find a job, or they look for EPEC as a last resort to spend their money here, (ah, I know a dozen or so here, who got EPEC with no intention of even applying for a job - it was to take a well earned holiday or to burn papa's money .. or to stay with their BF/GF/Lover/Partner .. ) or they are so confident that Singapore must bend down to their needs, in which why do they even read the instructions / requirements / procedures before applying for EPEC/LTVP ??? :???: :???:

I maybe terribly wrong though ..