Singapore Expats Forum

question about appy LTVP for holder of EPEC

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
benny65

question about appy LTVP for holder of EPEC

Postby benny65 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:09 am

Hi guys, My application of EPEC has been approved, now I'm waiting to receive it to apply LTVP. However, as I register my add to receive this certificate in Australia so it should take 4 weeks to get it. I checked the form to apply LTVP for a holder of EPEC and it just request EPEC ref number, and the issue date( which I dont know). Just want to ask the experienced guys that can I use the Processed Date of my EPEC to fill for the issue date of this form? If that ok, I should save a lot of time. Thank you guys!

medcheckonsat

Postby medcheckonsat » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:25 am

I believe you should use the date stated in EPEC letter.
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 4:59 pm

You can't use the process date, you need the issue date as is on the EPEC.

Why is it going to take 4 weeks to receive from your Australian mailing address? What method is it being sent by, carrier pigeon?

p.s. I suggested someone at the Aus address send a scan of it to you before posting the hard copy, but you don't seem to have taken that idea up either :???:

benny65

Postby benny65 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 7:27 pm

Tks JR8, well actually I still follow up your suggestion, but I havent received the EPEC yet and I'm gonna fly to Sing in the next 1 week. My visa allowed me to stay in Sing for no more than 1 mth so I just figure out how to shortern the time of waiting for LTVP, otherwise I've got to fly back to my country when 1 mth end up, which is very uncomfortable for me. anw, I suppose now just seat and cross my fingers :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 7:37 pm

Ok, it didn't make sense why ICA having your mailing address as being in Australia meant that it would take you four weeks to receive it.

Once the EPEC is approved it should be issued right away.

benny65

Postby benny65 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 8:25 pm

well, I dont know how they working but technically, it's been almost 3 week since I got the result of EPEC. They also notice that on FAQs: "For overseas mailing address, it will generally take between 3 - 4 weeks for the EPEC to be delivered". So yeah, They just not serve only you :???:

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 8:40 pm

Wow, I didn't know that.

Maybe they use surface-mail!?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 10:50 pm

JR8 wrote:Wow, I didn't know that.

or the problem is at the 'other end' ??

All govt letters go by airmail, but, like in a friend's case, a Singapore govt letter to her Philippine address took 3 weeks, while, the same to an address in Penang reached within 3 days ...

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:02 pm

ecureilx wrote:
JR8 wrote:Wow, I didn't know that.

or the problem is at the 'other end' ??

All govt letters go by airmail, but, like in a friend's case, a Singapore govt letter to her Philippine address took 3 weeks, while, the same to an address in Penang reached within 3 days ...

The OP said the info stated it applied to EPECs posted abroad, rather than just to the boon-docks :P

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 11:07 pm

JR8 wrote: The OP said the info stated it applied to EPECs posted abroad, rather than just to the boon-docks :P

I know .. the stated vs reality - is due to inefficient postal system in a few countries .. not in Singapore :)

Singapore, from what I know, fire off all EPECs as they are through the mill, not like the consolidate by country ..

benny65

Postby benny65 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 9:35 am

One more question mates. They request "Travel Document Expiry Date" is this the date that my passport will be expired or the date my visa of Singapore will be expired? And on the EPEC they said that the holder may apply LTVP AFTER arrival Sing, so what if I use my friend address to apply LTVP instead of waiting after arriving?

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 9:38 am

benny65 wrote:One more question mates. They request "Travel Document Expiry Date" is this the date that my passport will be expired or the date my visa of Singapore will be expired?

Passport Expiry Date

ausinsg
Regular
Regular

Postby ausinsg » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 9:40 am

Once it clears the international mail centre in Aus, it should take one business day to be delivered to another capital city or two business days if it is a regional centre.

But I have no idea how long it takes to x-ray scan and dog sniff all the mail on arrival! ;-) Maybe I should tune into the Australia Channel and watch Border Patrol for the answers...useful reality tv...is such a thing possible?! ;-)

benny65

Postby benny65 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 9:57 am

singaporeflyer wrote:
benny65 wrote:One more question mates. They request "Travel Document Expiry Date" is this the date that my passport will be expired or the date my visa of Singapore will be expired?

Passport Expiry Date

Tks mate, how abt the other part of my question? Any idea? :)

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:39 am

benny65 wrote:One more question mates. They request "Travel Document Expiry Date" is this the date that my passport will be expired or the date my visa of Singapore will be expired? And on the EPEC they said that the holder may apply LTVP AFTER arrival Sing, so what if I use my friend address to apply LTVP instead of waiting after arriving?

My first impression is that they say 'after' for a reason, and no good will come of trying to circumvent that.

But why not have a look at the e-LTVP process and see what is involved in applying. At some point they want your white arrivals/landing card from Changi.

Edit: typos
Last edited by JR8 on Tue, 11 Oct 2011 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.