Singapore Expats

Security Camera privacy

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Security Camera privacy

Post by richie303 » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:38 am

Hi,

I took keys for my new condo last night in Singapore, one thing that we never noticed when we viewed it and before we signed was as such.

The 1st floor property has a wider and longer balcony than us (patio I guess you'd call it) and the tenants/owners have fixed 2 security cameras on the balcony railing pointing up the block. These cameras are clearly seen from halfway across our rooms that face out of the property and appear to be pointing into my property.

I am not comfortable with this, and wondered how I should deal with the situation and if it gets messy with my neighbours then what my legal rights are in regards to this. My intention is to speak to them kindly and find out the reason for this and if they can either angle them in another way or remove them, but if this fails how do I stand?

Any help appreciated.

Richie
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...

carteki
Editor
Editor

Post by carteki » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 11:59 am

The camera's are probably to identify people who toss stuff out of their balconies (we've had major issues with that at our condo).

Speaking to them nicely is a good idea and definitely the best 1st step. Not too sure what your options are after that as the cameras are not on general property, but asking the management office is a good way to find out what your options are.

Saint
Director
Director

Post by Saint » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 12:30 pm

^^^ Agree ^^^

A friend had the exact same problem

richie303
Chatter
Chatter

Post by richie303 » Tue, 04 Oct 2011 2:40 pm

Cheers all, I will contact the management office and speak to the neighbours nicely. I think this may be the way forward.
Richie - East Coast Superbabe...