Singapore Expats Forum

Chances of getting PR in Singapore

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 1:56 pm

revhappy wrote:Its just like a applying for a job. There are limited numbers of jobs. The guys who really need the job are more often than not, not qualified for it. The ones that are really good and will get the job easily may just quit the job after 1 year. So would you call the really qualified guy who quit the job is one year as an abuser?


Funny the thread has gone off track, but .. I always quote .. when somebody comes crying and yells that nobody is bothered about their pain .. my oft quoted answer is .. "your little finger being torn off is a big pain for you, but, too bad, my pimple in my face hurts, because the pimple is IN MY FACE, and I FEEL THE PAIN" ..

Not sure if anybody's gonna figure that out .. but .. yeah, everybody has the right to ask what they want, needless they really deserve it or not ..

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1067
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009

Postby revhappy » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 3:17 pm

x9200 wrote:
revhappy wrote:
x9200 wrote:@revhappy, you seem a bit obsessed with sending ppl back to India. Why should she look for another employer back home if she seems ok with the current one and the possibility to be transfered somewhere else? Why you are not on the way back to India as for the sake of your own arguments (here and earlier)?


Well, my point was with regards to the desperation that some people display for getting PR. Like the OP in this post has displayed. The only time I have asked anyone to consider to go back to India, is when they are doing miserably here in terms of salary or life.

And where is this miserable part in the life of the OP (leaving aside whether she is or she is not going to be abuser)?

I myself will go back the day I feel I am not making enough money here. At the moment though, I am pretty happy with what I am making. :wink:

One big big reason why I dont think I am here for the long run, is because there are so few companies here. I am doing extremely well right now, but today if I had to look for an another job with the same package, I would struggle, simply because there are very few banks here that hire on permanent roles and pay 90k+ for an analyst role. So as long as I am in this bank I am in Singapore. The day I decide to leave this job(or the job decides to leave me) I am outta here. Having PR or not having PR doesn't make much difference to me in terms of getting another job of the same kind.

So unless I decide to buy a HDB I am not applying PR(With the current resale prices of HDB and restriction, I doubt I am going to buy one anyway).

Cheers!

So if I understand correctly you are pretty much in the same shoes as the OP - happy to be here for the time being but happy to leave if some job/other conditions are not fulfilled. I don't see anything miserable in your life and any reason why you should go back to India and not to look for a job somewhere else.


Yupp. You are right no reason why I should go back to India only. I could go to the US or UK or may be Aus. But I wouldn't quote that I am "scared" that I wont get PR. Nor will I say "Oh my god, its tough to get PR here, I should think of some other country in Asia now". Compared to any other country in Asia I would rather be in India(Hong Kong and Japan may be an exception). The way the OP has put it accross is as if she just has to get out of India and any other country will do.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 3:25 pm

revhappy wrote:Yupp. You are right no reason why I should go back to India only. I could go to the US or UK or may be Aus. But I wouldn't quote that I am "scared" that I wont get PR. Nor will I say "Oh my god, its tough to get PR here, I should think of some other country in Asia now". Compared to any other country in Asia I would rather be in India(Hong Kong and Japan may be an exception). The way the OP has put it accross is as if she just has to get out of India and any other country will do.


Well, let me put it this way .. I see nothing wrong in the OPs words, as, at one time, I know enough guys who had a lot of bad experiences back from where they came from, and were not gonna be tempted to 'go back home' one day ..

Your point of view is "india is the best place to go home" and may or may not be the same for the OP ..

And I know a guy, who is in Singapore, on EP for the past 15 years, and will kill any indian who even suggests PR :) No .. I am not kidding .. but, that' because he is heavily paid and what not, and at a moment's notice, he can go back home and put his coconut coir bed under the coconut tree and sleep till Kingdom come to Glory ..

So .. what was your question again ?? :D :D

PS: hope that's not taken as an offensive statement ..

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 3:27 pm

ecureilx wrote:Well, let me put it this way .. I see nothing wrong in the OPs words, as, at one time, I know enough guys who had a lot of bad experiences back from where they came from, and were not gonna be tempted to 'go back home' one day ..


Like a helicopter dropping a cargo container on you? :P

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 3:51 pm

nakatago wrote:
ecureilx wrote:Well, let me put it this way .. I see nothing wrong in the OPs words, as, at one time, I know enough guys who had a lot of bad experiences back from where they came from, and were not gonna be tempted to 'go back home' one day ..


Like a helicopter dropping a cargo container on you? :P



sssshhhhhhhhhhhh that's classified :D :D


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest