Singapore Expats Forum

yet another PR question.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
yoyoSG

yet another PR question.

Postby yoyoSG » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 9:43 am

Hi all,

I'm a PEP holder and 6month back I applied for PR.
I got no reply yet and not sure what to think of that. (good/bad?). Trying to look at this positively as few colleagues applied after me, and already got rejected. But I've also seen few posts here where people got approval within few months.

I recently resigned my job while I have no new job secured yet.
I wonder what happens if my PR get's approved and I'm unnemployed. anyone knows ?

Thanks!

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 10:55 am

if your PR gets approved and you are at that point without a job, then within a month if you are able to secure a job and then submit the approval form with a section from your new employer, you should be able to get your PR. This is just my 2 cents.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 11:19 am

By law, you are required to submit any changes to your particulars to ICA if your status changes from what is on an application that has been submitted. Should you not do so, it's possible they might look at it as withholding evidence/facts and reject it at the point of issuance. I can find nothing concrete to verify this, but considering how strict they have become this year, it's a very likely scenario, especially considering you deliberately resigned so were not a victim of circumstance.

Hopefully you are Malaysian Chinese..... You might still have a chance. :-|