Singapore Expats Forum

Advice on PR Application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 9:34 pm

It is a shame he deleted one of his posts between 9.10-9.18hrs, it read 'Only geniuses get Masters, and a lot of people are jealous of those who have them'.

Still I admire his spirit in the face of 100% impossibility (I was going to say adversity, that that's just not strong enough a word).

tochandrasekar

Postby tochandrasekar » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 9:37 pm

Just now realized that Genius would never have a need to apply for a SINGAPORE PR. Lol.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 1:13 pm

Since this thread has literally gone to dogs, is it ok to ask if it is that time of the month for the OP ???? :D :D :D

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Advice on PR Application

Postby zzm9980 » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 5:07 pm

tochandrasekar wrote:Certifications:
ITILv3F (Information Technology Infrastructure Library v3 Foundation)
CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional)
BEC (Business English Certificate) : Vantage Level
MCSE: Security (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer)
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate)
ECSA (EC-Council Certified Security Analyst)
CEH (Certified Ethical Hacker)
RHCE (Red Hat Certified Engineer)

[/color]

Certification overkill. You're 23 and have taken this many certs? Anyone with any real technical experience in IT would laugh at this list. It is impossible you have any meaningful hands on experience in even one or two of the areas you posted about. That doesn't even take into consideration the 5-6 years devoted to your "Masters". Why do you list both CCNP and CCNA? Anyone that knows anything about either knows the CCNP requires CCNA as a pre-req. Did you list primary school graduation on your resume also?

I love interviewing people like you :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Postby ecureilx » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 5:15 pm

zzm9980 wrote:I love interviewing people like you :D

Many years ago I did interview one like this ..

When I prompted him if he knows a product x, he was like "i know" and then when I asked him if I can send him onsite, unsupervised, he was like "sure, I can always try ... just give me an hour with the INCG" and followed by a rant that nobody is born experienced and I am depriving him of his experience if I don't give him a chance to try ... etc. etc.. followed by a threat that our company will go bust if we don't employ people like him ..

I rejected him, though our CEO was very impressed and demanded he be employed under me .. I refused, as I had contracts where I needed engineers to be placed ASAP, and expected faster turnaround, not after training .. Especially when the guy had problem differentiating a cross cable and a straight cable insisting that he is not a cabling guy .. and "it's not my job to take care of cabling . "

And then there was another, who claimed he knew everything, also around 24 years, and enough certificates. He was placed under my contract.

I sent him onsite, and it only took a day for the customer to send him back. Upon further enquiry the customer said they are not comfortable with a guy who starts reading the manual, from Page 1, before even being able to sit on the console

PS: the irony is, the above two guys are today earning twice or more than my pay, in other companies .. and they insist they just needed somebody to believe in them .. lucky guys eh ????

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 5:26 pm

ecureilx wrote:
PS: the irony is, the above two guys are today earning twice or more than my pay, in other companies .. and they insist they just needed somebody to believe in them .. lucky guys eh ????

'tis irony or damning. :-k :wink:

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 7:08 pm

Blimey, most of you must have popped straight out of the maternity ward into the board of directors!!

zzm9980 - I bet you're a joy to work for.......do you have cock measuring contests every Friday afternoon?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 2:25 pm

BillyB wrote:zzm9980 - I bet you're a joy to work for.......do you have cock measuring contests every Friday afternoon?

Oh no doubt. I wouldn't want to work for me. But for the area I work in, there is zero tolerance for BS artists.

And unfortunately, no, HR doesn't allow those. But if we did, the OP would be the equivalent of the guy who bought one of every 'enlargement kit' ever spammed to his hotmail account, and is now walking around telling everyone he is Peter North.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 2:30 pm

Now, now, kids, behave. Keep it rated "All Ages."

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 3:07 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
BillyB wrote:zzm9980 - I bet you're a joy to work for.......do you have cock measuring contests every Friday afternoon?

Oh no doubt. I wouldn't want to work for me. But for the area I work in, there is zero tolerance for BS artists.

Blimey - so that rules out advertising, teaching, banking, something to do with religion, IT, something related to art, taxi driving, working in any electronics store in Singapore.....

roody_poo6

PR Application? Wise to apply now?

Postby roody_poo6 » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:29 pm

Hi All,

I've been working in SG for 7 months. I've joined A company on Mar and left them with B company on Sept. By Oct I would have 7 months of payslip and i would like to apply for PR. Am i advice to do so? Below are my profile.

My Profile:

Bachelor, Chinese
Education: B.A (Hons) 2nd Class Upper, University Staffordshire UK
Current Job: DBA Manager MNC
Salary/Month: $6100
Current Employment Pass: P2
Overall Experience: 6 year in Malaysia(MNC) and 7 months in Singapore (so far)
Overall Stay Period in Singapore: from 28th March 2011 (6 months so far)
Certifications:
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
MCSE: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2002
Current Nationality: Chinese Malaysian

I have a brother who is a PR here and I'm currently staying with him. He own a house here and we're living at Siglap.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 12:47 pm

Sure, go ahead. :-|

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 1:05 pm

roody_poo6 wrote:Hi All,

I've been working in SG for 7 months. I've joined A company on Mar and left them with B company on Sept. By Oct I would have 7 months of payslip and i would like to apply for PR. Am i advice to do so? Below are my profile.

My Profile:

Bachelor, Chinese
Education: B.A (Hons) 2nd Class Upper, University Staffordshire UK
Current Job: DBA Manager MNC
Salary/Month: $6100
Current Employment Pass: P2
Overall Experience: 6 year in Malaysia(MNC) and 7 months in Singapore (so far)
Overall Stay Period in Singapore: from 28th March 2011 (6 months so far)
Certifications:
Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
MCSE: Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer 2002
Current Nationality: Chinese Malaysian

I have a brother who is a PR here and I'm currently staying with him. He own a house here and we're living at Siglap.

No

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 1:06 pm

Sorry, take that back, missed the bit about living in a house in Siglap.

Yes definitely apply!

medcheckonsat

Postby medcheckonsat » Tue, 18 Oct 2011 1:08 pm

Saint wrote:Sorry, take that back, missed the bit about living in a house in Siglap.

Yes definitely apply!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I love this bit.
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D