Singapore Expats Forum

Credit Reports from CBS for Foreigners mean NOTHING

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 6:05 pm

azp123 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why?

Because, i know they ask for PP number as well for PR's and they should keep that as a reference for all foreigners for credit check...


Have you retrieved your credit report ? What does it contain ?? :D :D

No sign of PP :)

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Oct 2011 6:17 pm

azp123 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why?

Because, i know they ask for PP number as well for PR's and they should keep that as a reference for all foreigners for credit check...

I thought having a bad credit history - means bad interest rate, less bargaining power with banks, i have a good credit history and all banks have given me cards...+ housing loans (with good bargainng power on interest rates...)


You didn't answer my question......

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 4:15 pm

if they read this, i want them to do something(i.e to link the pp/ep/wp) about it... (i.e banks and cbs..)

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 4:19 pm

ecureilx wrote:
azp123 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why?

Because, i know they ask for PP number as well for PR's and they should keep that as a reference for all foreigners for credit check...


Have you retrieved your credit report ? What does it contain ?? :D :D

No sign of PP :)


Agreed, but there is a section called Additional Identification, where they have links to FIN/WP numbers ....

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 4:36 pm

Are you local?

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 4:41 pm

azp123 wrote:if they read this, i want them to do something(i.e to link the pp/ep/wp) about it... (i.e banks and cbs..)


Why? For a moment I thought you were local (sounds like something one of them would say) but then I remembered, you are the one who wants to apply for citizenship yourself, but not your wife or kids, right? So I'm puzzled why you want them to do something about it.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9812
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 05 Oct 2011 5:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Why? For a moment I thought you were local (sounds like something one of them would say) but then I remembered, you are the one who wants to apply for citizenship yourself, but not your wife or kids, right? So I'm puzzled why you want them to do something about it.


If azp123 wants it to be linked so the banks will know that the positive / good rating will be carried over

azp123: don't worry: banks can sniff out the people who have money :) Don't need no Credit agency to tell them that .. ;)

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 9:26 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
azp123 wrote:if they read this, i want them to do something(i.e to link the pp/ep/wp) about it... (i.e banks and cbs..)


Why? For a moment I thought you were local (sounds like something one of them would say) but then I remembered, you are the one who wants to apply for citizenship yourself, but not your wife or kids, right? So I'm puzzled why you want them to do something about it.
'
SMS, no i am not local. What has this question got to do with me applying or wanting to apply for citizenship? :???: .

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 9:36 am

It doesn't. I thought your comment smacked of a local wanting to find just another way to zap foreigners (you gotta admit, a lot of that going on since May). After I had typed it, then I thought I'd better see if you were local so using the search on your profile page I noted that you had applied for Citizenship, etc,. in one of our earlier threads. I just denoted my findings, rather than delete the whole thing as I still found the statement at odds with something the normal expat would say. More controls? Just what the average expat needs. You normally don't find expats trying to close up loopholes. But, considering the oddness of your earlier thread, you current request maybe doesn't seem so strange. Or at least no stranger than the earlier thread. Especially on a forum that we know the gahmen read regularly. :-|

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 10:18 am

Maybe it just means that azp123 has successfully become Singaporean enough in some aspects.

Citizenship would just make it official! :lol:

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:25 am

Ouch!

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:28 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Ouch!


Amazing how you haven't assimilated a lot yourself. :P

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35160
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:39 am

I can't even speak singlish properly (?) after 3 decades!

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 5:41 pm

nakatago wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Ouch!


Amazing how you haven't assimilated a lot yourself. :P


Au contraire, SMS seems to be a happy cog within The Machine to me :P :cool:

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Thu, 06 Oct 2011 6:11 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:It doesn't. I thought your comment smacked of a local wanting to find just another way to zap foreigners (you gotta admit, a lot of that going on since May). After I had typed it, then I thought I'd better see if you were local so using the search on your profile page I noted that you had applied for Citizenship, etc,. in one of our earlier threads. I just denoted my findings, rather than delete the whole thing as I still found the statement at odds with something the normal expat would say. More controls? Just what the average expat needs. You normally don't find expats trying to close up loopholes. But, considering the oddness of your earlier thread, you current request maybe doesn't seem so strange. Or at least no stranger than the earlier thread. Especially on a forum that we know the gahmen read regularly. :-|

Thanks SMS. In my personal opinion and this loophole needs to be closed for the reason that i don't want the credit history (ofcourse good one) be not wiped-off because of an ID change.

Sorry for digressing, SMS & et all, I have put on hold on the idea of the application of citizenship, as suggested by a lot, as me applying alone will make/look suspicious to the government made a lot of sense. So I will wait until the whole family is ready (whatever that means...!!).
editing on second read without altering the content
Last edited by azp123 on Thu, 06 Oct 2011 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Strictly Speaking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests