Singapore Expats Forum

MOM gives Singapore Expats Recognition

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sundaymorningstaple

MOM gives Singapore Expats Recognition

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 8:51 pm

Check it out! MOM has posted a link to this site. This is a BIG feather in our proverbial hat. It's probably due to the work we try to do here.

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... apore.aspx

Look under the headings "Expatriate Communities" "Schooling" & "Housing" 3 links!

A big Thank You to all our regulars for their contributions to this board, however big or small as it all counts!

:cool:

Edited to included the missing link that somehow didn't find it's way into this post last night? :???: I copied it but I guess I forgot to paste it. :oops:
Last edited by sundaymorningstaple on Thu, 29 Sep 2011 9:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Re: MOM gives Singapore Expats Recognition

Postby Asian_Geekette » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:04 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Check it out! MOM has posted a link to this site. This is a BIG feather in our proverbial hat. It's probably due to the work we try to do here.

Look under the headings "Expatriate Communities" "Schooling" & "Housing" 3 links!

A big Thank You to all our regulars for their contributions to this board, however big or small as it all counts!

Yey! Two sides to the coin: more traffic to this site. Hopefully more insights and better quality of contributions. Downside: we gotta be less naughty since MOM is watching. :P :cool: Now, I can't share my naughty jokes. Muwhahaha!
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:13 pm

They've been watching for years. I even went to an interview with one of their directors a couple of months ago, via invite through this board..... :)

Actually, the links are to the main URL of the site but a lot of the info contained therein has come from research here and of course the forum is on a tab on that page as well. :wink:

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:15 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Check it out! MOM has posted a link to this site. This is a BIG feather in our proverbial hat. It's probably due to the work we try to do here.

Yey! Two sides to the coin: more traffic to this site. Hopefully more insights and better quality of contributions. Downside: we gotta be less naughty since MOM is watching. :P :cool: Now, I can't share my naughty jokes. Muwhahaha!

Can you get thrown out of SG for obscenities on internet forums?!

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:46 pm

congrats..great going guys !!!

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:50 pm

BillyB wrote:

That's an interesting question... I guess if it's libelous and if it upsets the social order (like saying things which are supposedly out of bounds)... Gotta think about this and do some research. :wink:
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 9:57 pm

Asian_Geekette wrote:
BillyB wrote:

That's an interesting question... I guess if it's libelous and if it upsets the social order (like saying things which are supposedly out of bounds)... Gotta think about this and do some research. :wink:

Good point - better to be polite I guess...... everything leaves a paper trail!!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:59 pm

Where are these links?

Can't find them here or on the MoM site.

edit to add:
Thanks Asdracles for the below... got it!
Last edited by JR8 on Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Asdracles
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asdracles » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 11:23 pm

The link is a bit hidden....

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... apore.aspx

Or if browsing by sections:

Home > Foreign Manpower > Working in Singapore > Finding a Job > Living in Singapore

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 2:12 am

It's always advisable for all posters to think before posting, as it could possibly backfire, or effect your applications and possible future in Singapore we don't want baddies here only positive souls 1984 arrived 27 years ago. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4rBDUJTnNU in the changing world of demographic immigration Singapore needs you :P

I was also invited to the MOM at the same time as SMS, unfortunately! I replied to late for the invitation, though the forum is seeing the rewards of responsible moderators and members which is a feather in the hat for the website and MOM's recognition of all the contributions from all walks of life.
Well done guys and dolls :lol: