Singapore Expats Forum

Advice for my PR application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
bosleynguyen

Advice for my PR application

Postby bosleynguyen » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 1:50 pm

Hello Everybody.

I have been in this forum for tens of times and read a lot of topics related to PR. They are really helpful.

I decided to put up our case here for advice as I see some very good advice from top expertises.

Here are our some backgrounds:

Husband:
- Admitted NUS for PhD in 2005. Got PhD in Feb 2010.
- Working @ NUS as a RF for more than 2 years with current salary of 4,5K.
- Nationality: Vietnamese

Wife:
- Pursued MBA at MDIS in 2008 and obtained it in Nov 2010.
- Working in Sing from Aug 2010, current earning 2,2K.

We married in June 2010. No kid yet. We submitted our PR application in Oct 2010 and got rejected in June 2011. However, the ICA officer asked us to write an appeal letter on the spot when we went there to hand in some additional docs. We then appealed it on 4th June 2011. At the end of June, we seeked help from our MP. He wrote a letter to ICA and ICA has acknowledged us that they received the MP letter.

We check the outcome and it is still pending.

Please give ur views. Thanks your expertise.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 2:02 pm

It's anybody's guess.

Better not to think about it at this point so as not to get anxious while waiting.

Saint
Director
Director

Re: Advice for my PR application

Postby Saint » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 2:21 pm

bosleynguyen wrote:At the end of June, we seeked help from our MP. He wrote a letter to ICA and ICA has acknowledged us that they received the MP letter.

Not a good idea at all. The ICA do not like applicants getting MPs involved to try and influence their decision. Actually it probably will influence their decision but not in a positive way.

bosleynguyen

Postby bosleynguyen » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 9:04 pm

Thanks very much you guys for your valuable advice.
Read some good news from others got approved recently.
Just keep fingers cross

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 10:25 pm

bosleynguyen wrote:Thanks very much you guys for your valuable advice.
Read some good news from others got approved recently.
Just keep fingers cross

Ahhh, but there's the rub. They were all Malaysian Chinese....... :-|

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 11:43 am

Hi all,
I've been watching this forum for sometimes and find that it's very useful and informative for those who love to live and work in Spore.
I'm looking for some advices from experts on my case:
My Profile:
Nationality: Vietnamese
Income: close to 3K
Work pass: Q pass
Qualification: Master of IT (full-time) from Australian uni (with most outstanding result - Distinction with acknowledge letter from Chancellor)

My wife's profile:
Nationality: Vietnamese
Work pass: Dependent pass (with LOC)
Income: 1.2K
Qualification: B.S of IT (with 4 years working experience as Senior QA Engineer in Vietnam)

My case is a bit messy, I came to Spore in 9/2007 to study (with 1 year working experience in Vietnam), and while I was waiting for Student Pass, I got a job offer and started working on S-pass (I cancelled Student Pass). I worked until 3/2008 then I got fired due to my weak English. I went back hometown to improve English and came back Spore to work in 12/2008 (also on S-pass). I work until 6/2009 then resigned due to conflict with boss and then enrolled to Master course in Spore (10/2009) and graduated in 10/2010. Then I started working again in 12/2010 until now (on EP). As my employment history in Spore, I only filled-up the tax assessment for year 2010.
I'm married in 6/2009 and my wife came to Spore in 5/2011 on a Dependent Pass then started working as a Cashier in 8/2011 (and trying to improve her English to change to another professional job).
We applied our PR application on 1/8/2011 and waiting the outcome. I know our profile is not so good, just merely fulfill the minimum requirements for PR application. However with your expertise and experience, I'm looking forward to hearing your evaluation on my case. I understand that it's different for different cases, just wanna know if there is any chance for us to make it only.
Sorry for a long post and any convenience caused to anybody.
To Be or Not To Be

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:15 pm

Sorry for typo: inconvenience instead of convenience :D
And I got married in 6/2010, not 6/2009
To Be or Not To Be

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:31 pm

To put it bluntly I don't think you've got any chance of your PRs being approved. Just to list a few points that will go against you

1) Not a preferred nationality
2) You weren't able to supply your last 3 year's tax returns
3) Your wife has only been in Singapore for a matter of a few months and working for just weeks
4) You've only been married just over a year

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 1:41 pm

Thanks Saint.
So it seems impossible, but is there anyway to improve the chance later all?
To Be or Not To Be

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 1:50 pm

Since I'm serious and sincere to live here, I'm looking for an opportunity to settle down (that's why I've kept staying and improving myself to adapt the life here). Any suggestion to increase the chance would be deeply appreciated!
To Be or Not To Be

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 2:01 pm

vnpan wrote:Since I'm serious and sincere to live here, I'm looking for an opportunity to settle down (that's why I've kept staying and improving myself to adapt the life here). Any suggestion to increase the chance would be deeply appreciated!

Stay in SG for another 1-2 years, see if you can advance in your Job. After that if you apply, you will have a decent chance.

Dont be anxious. Good Luck !

vnpan

Postby vnpan » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 2:05 pm

Thanks a lot SF![/quote]
To Be or Not To Be

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 2:15 pm

vnpan wrote:Thanks Saint.

Knock out a couple of kids, boys obviosuly, over the next couple of years and that would definitely help

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 7:12 pm

Saint wrote:
vnpan wrote:Thanks Saint.

Knock out a couple of kids, boys obviosuly, over the next couple of years and that would definitely help

What about girls? Just curious, since I'm wondering if MOM is more interested in increasing the population, or just NSmen?

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 29 Sep 2011 8:17 pm

They got too many girls already. And they got more cojones than the guys. If fact, the guys are so afraid of the local girls, they complain to the government all the time about how their doing NS lets the girls get two years ahead of them in the professional fields.

I've suggested on many occasions that they should figure out how to have the guys carry and deliver a couple of children instead of doing NS (Same length of time (2 years = 2 kids with a breather in between). Unfortunately, because the girls have more cojones that the guys, they aren't interested in having children either. Gordian Knot. Figure it out, You've got it made. They'd probably give you the keys to the city-state.