Singapore Expats Forum

LTVP for In-law

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sanky_001
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 26 Apr 2011

LTVP for In-law

Postby sanky_001 » Sun, 25 Sep 2011 5:43 pm

Dear All,

Greetings!

I am a DP holder, just finshed my Master here in Singapore and awaiting to grauduate. Been here since May 2010.

My wife is a EP holder (income over 6K per month) works for a well established company close to 5yrs here. However her employer policy doesnt permit to sponsor in-laws.

My mother is the only surving parent in both our family and we have applied for LTVP 2 weeks ago to MOM with my wife being a local sponsor.

I understand MOM website says ' applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company, normally the employer of the Employment Pass holder'.

However my wife being the local sponsor, we have mentioned that we will issue a banker's guarantee for SGD 3000 if the application is successful.

1. So I am curious to know the chances of approval

2. Has anyone come across a similiar situation where the LTVP was approved by MOM?

Thank you much for your time ! :)

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Re: LTVP for In-law

Postby beppi » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 6:23 am

sanky_001 wrote:I understand MOM website says ' applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company'.


Is your wife a well-established Singapore-registered company? No? Well, there you have the answer.
I see you got a Master degree ...

azp123
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 26 Aug 2010

Postby azp123 » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 5:55 pm

Sanky - i personally know of persons in my team who applied for their in laws on their personal capacity and got the LTVP approved. MOM may ask you to provide a banker's guarantee.

So, yes it is possible to get an LTVP from an individual as a sponsor (who is not an organization). But this doesn't guarantee that everybody will get one issued. He is a US citizen on a P1 EP and MIL is an Indian Citizen.

Hope this helps.

sanky_001
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 26 Apr 2011

Postby sanky_001 » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 6:37 pm

azp123 wrote:Sanky - i personally know of persons in my team who applied for their in laws on their personal capacity and got the LTVP approved. MOM may ask you to provide a banker's guarantee.

So, yes it is possible to get an LTVP from an individual as a sponsor (who is not an organization). But this doesn't guarantee that everybody will get one issued. He is a US citizen on a P1 EP and MIL is an Indian Citizen.

Hope this helps.


Dear azp123,

Thank very much for your information. I appreciate it and I am so pleased to hear that :)

By the way, my mother is an indian, and wife is British.

I know my case is an exception to MOM's LTVP requirement and we are ready to issue banker's guarantee.

Hope all goes well. Just keeping my fingers crossed and I will keep you posted about the outcome.

Have a great evening. Cheers !!! :)

Best Regards,
Sanky

sanky_001
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 26 Apr 2011

LTVP Pending but FIN Asssigned

Postby sanky_001 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 12:30 pm

Dear All,

My wife (EP holder) has applied for LTVP (MOM) for the first time.

I checked EP Online and the following is my question:

1. The status says 'Pending', however 'FIN' has been assigned. So does it mean that the LTVP is going to be approved?

Thanks for your time :)

Best Regards,
Sanky

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34785
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:46 pm

Odds are yes, but it can still go wrong. That's exactly why it says "pending". Pending what, we don't know, but there is something still "finished" yet. As far as the old saw about having a FIN number issued means approval, I don't think so. As soon as a person is put into the system a FIN is issued. That number will remain with them until such time as it's replaced by an NRIC number (if ever).

sanky_001
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 26 Apr 2011

Postby sanky_001 » Tue, 11 Oct 2011 1:55 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Odds are yes, but it can still go wrong. That's exactly why it says "pending". Pending what, we don't know, but there is something still "finished" yet. As far as the old saw about having a FIN number issued means approval, I don't think so. As soon as a person is put into the system a FIN is issued. That number will remain with them until such time as it's replaced by an NRIC number (if ever).


I thank you for clarifying that SMS.

You have been helpful as always been.

I hope it getz approved, just keeping my fingers crossed.

Have a great day. Cheers !!! :)

sumit.kumar.arora
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 21 Jul 2012

LTVP for my mother

Postby sumit.kumar.arora » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 6:14 pm

I am a P2 pass holder working in an insurance company in Singapore and would like to invite my mother to Singapore for 6 months. My mother is of indian origin. Our company policy does not allow them to sponsor parents of employees so I would like to submit the application myself.

I saw the details about LTVP to invite parents. I tried looking at EP-online service but not sure if I am eligible to apply for my mother's LTVP because I am an individual (instead of a company). Can I apply for LTVP online?

It would be great help if you could guide me on the process.

Regards
Sumit

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Re: LTVP for In-law

Postby beppi » Sat, 21 Jul 2012 6:49 pm

' applicant must be sponsored by a well-established Singapore-registered company'

I think it is very clear.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests