Singapore Expats Forum

if you see someone you like...

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Mad Scientist
Director
Director

Postby Mad Scientist » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 3:50 am

2487chica wrote:I was at the bus today and there was this guy in front of me. We made a little eye contact and that's it... NO GUTS TO SAY A FRICKIN HELLO? What are you waiting for??? The meteor to hit earth???

Or Run Like Hell !!
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 7:06 am

He might have been married or gay. Or just had a wandering eye. :P

rocnav

Postby rocnav » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 8:11 am

Bblue adn Chica, were you guys at The Royal last night? Was there with another friend from here, and we had a great time. We actually met some of the hostesses and hosts from Pangea, and are heading out there tonight. If you guys are interested in hanging out and trying to meet some new friends, (and scouting the guys at the club) :P , email me: rocnavsing@hotmail.com
30's US Male looking for friends, fun and great experiences!

no1naz

hey

Postby no1naz » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 9:32 am

haha did you smile back? hey may have thought, if i go over there and everyone is watching and she blanks me then im going to look like a fool!!

Bbblublue - meet me for a drink and il give you eye contact and even a hello lol!

Ive been here for nearly a month now, and you look at some pretty girls to get their attention, either they dont look back or they give you no indication if they seem interested in you!

Shall i wear a badge saying 'new, single, ready to mingle, smile!!!'?
You need to take it to make it

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Postby the lynx » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 2:34 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Actually, there's not a shortage of women but there is a definite shortage of real men in the local population.

Oh, depending on how late it is and how thick the beer goggles are, men tend to lose their definition of "pretty" directly in relationship to the hours before closing time and number of beers consumed. :lol:

I have to agree with SMS on the first one. Until I find a real man, I rather remain single than settle on an undeserving man just because "I need a man and he happens to be around for me to take on". Even if decent courtesy of positive eye contact and smile, local men can't just nod back and smile to reciprocate.

But having said so, I wouldn't count on seeking men in pubs and bars. Wrong place. To meet new friends and have fun, yes. That's all. Oh who knows, relationship that started from friendship is always good...

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:43 pm

He was a nice looking guy, and was reading a book... like some novel.. and I'm pretty sure he's not married... and I'm pretty sure he kindda smiled at me a couple of times checking me out... I looked back in his eyes and yeah it was in the bus... we were sitting opposite each other. Of course it would be darn weird to start talking to each other lol.. there are like people around us, it if were just the two of us and maybe a few people, it could still happen.. I'd say hi if he's too scared lol.

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:47 pm

hey dude in the black and white picture, no, i wasn't at the party.. kindda thought it wasn't where i'm supposed to be. they were looking for either the next elite model or some presenter and i don't think they're looking for me.. AND.. i figured why bother going when all the guys that are going to be there are only interested at the same thing - next elite model or some presenter. so yeah, decided not to go... i mean, i don't have long legs, i don't have blonde hair and my last name does not end with an ova... just saying..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 30 Sep 2011 11:58 pm

Mustaffa Legova?

:wink:

Sorry, that might be Benny Hill. Together with Sheikh Yerbootih of course.
Last edited by JR8 on Sat, 01 Oct 2011 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 12:05 am

I thought all the 'ova's played tennis and were living in Florida. :cool:

But seriously, I don't mind if they throw a leg ova......... :lol:

rocnav

Postby rocnav » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 10:47 am

Hey girl with the hand heart sign in front of her face :lol: if you don't drink your own kool-aid, nobody else will!

You sound like a very shy person, with a good heart, you just need some American agressiveness injected into your game.
30's US Male looking for friends, fun and great experiences!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 12:59 pm

:o :lol: :devil:

carteki
Editor
Editor

Postby carteki » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:27 pm

2487chica wrote:He was a nice looking guy, and was reading a book... like some novel.. and I'm pretty sure he's not married... and I'm pretty sure he kindda smiled at me a couple of times checking me out... I looked back in his eyes and yeah it was in the bus... we were sitting opposite each other. Of course it would be darn weird to start talking to each other lol.. there are like people around us, it if were just the two of us and maybe a few people, it could still happen.. I'd say hi if he's too scared lol.

Next time you see him casually drop him a piece of paper saying you noticed him looking at you and would he like to meet for coffee and leave your number or email. Not a great fan of the method, but I do know of relationships that have started that way.

applepievn

Postby applepievn » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:43 pm

or simply ask him what book he is reading and what's it about. If it's a book you've alr read it can be even better. That can be a good way to start a conversation

I always read books on bus/mrt yet no one ever ask me about my book :(
I don't have a signature :P

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:51 pm

Do you not think you're over-analysing things that should come naturally? The more you stress about dating and trying to have a wishlist of points, the more pressure you put yourself under to find Mr or Mrs Right, and simply making things 10 times more difficult and setting yourself up for failure because no-one will ever meet your expectations and you'll always have some unrealistic person in mind.

Just go with the flow, have an open mind and don't force something that should be spontaneous and natural.

But if you don't buy a lottery ticket, you won't win the lottery.......

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 2:04 pm

But, but, but......... I just got an email yesterday saying I'd won 218 millions of us dollars and need to send my bank account details to somebody in Nigeria who worked for the Great Lotto Giveaway who drew my name out of a random list to win it!

You mean it's not true? I gotta buys a ticket first? Darn. But way the guy lie to me then? :(