Singapore Expats Forum

if you see someone you like...

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
2487chica

if you see someone you like...

Postby 2487chica » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 3:42 am

do you come up to him/her and say hello? or are you scared of making yourself look stupid?

no1naz

good question!

Postby no1naz » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 9:27 am

Good question, i normally dont say nothing in case they ignore you! i try to catch their eye and if they smile then say hello, if not, its a no go!

What do you do?
You need to take it to make it

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 9:52 am

I clam up. I'm socially dysfunctional and I think I have Asperger's Syndrome; hence me becoming a young moderator in this forum (FYI, SMS is 857 years old).

#selfdeprecatingfridays #imbored #imaybelying

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 10:08 am

856! wont be seven till the date you joined the forum! :lol:

no1naz: that's why the fertility rate here is so low! :lol:

2487chica: Yah gotta go up to 'em and plant a big one on 'em. If they slap the crap outta you but don't run away, chances look good. :)

If they don't slap the crap outta you, and don't run away, chances look good for a ONS! :D

:mrgreen:

no1naz

hey

Postby no1naz » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 11:25 am

haha, i was listening to that on the news! people gotta get out there, otherwise there will be a shortage of women!!

i thinks its much easier if the woman went up to the guy, least that way you know they are interested, most men wont turn down a pretty lady for a drink!

U think she was fishing for compliments? she does look cute, if so it worked!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
2487chica: Yah gotta go up to 'em and plant a big one on 'em. If they slap the crap outta you but don't run away, chances look good. :)

If they don't slap the crap outta you, and don't run away, chances look good for a ONS! :D

:mrgreen:

Well, I'm off to the bars tonight.

Anyone wants to become my wingman? "Haaaaave you met Ted?"

#imbored #saysdoinitbutnotreally
Last edited by nakatago on Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:30 pm

Actually, there's not a shortage of women but there is a definite shortage of real men in the local population.

Oh, depending on how late it is and how thick the beer goggles are, men tend to lose their definition of "pretty" directly in relationship to the hours before closing time and number of beers consumed. :lol:

Calmday
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Calmday » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:44 pm

Rejection is nothing to be afraid of guys. My wife told me to go pound sand the first 15 times I asked her out. I finally wore her down and now happily married.
Don’t let pride or fear get in the way. Do it for Singapore.
The best pick up line in the world is "hi".

no1naz

hey

Postby no1naz » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 12:48 pm

Im around tonight, not checked out all of the places yet, cud be your wingman, give me u r details and il contact u later?

nakatago

Re: hey

Postby nakatago » Fri, 23 Sep 2011 1:09 pm

no1naz wrote:Im around tonight, not checked out all of the places yet, cud be your wingman, give me u r details and il contact u later?

dude...

nakatago wrote:#saysdoinitbutnotreally

2487chica

Postby 2487chica » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 3:31 am

I'm disappointed in Singapore.... Men, doesn't matter local or not, have no guts to ask a girl out here. They just stick to their own. It kind of made me wonder if I'm not good enough or something, but then all senses said no. SO, why just walk by someone you'd like to know without stopping and saying hello? Just simply no guts. Do I have to be the guy here and do the first move? Gee.. Maybe one of these days I will. See what happens.

fascination

Postby fascination » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 4:15 am

Definitely a Hi! It's not easy to come across a person you're attracted to, if the opportunity is missed, most probably you'll never see her/him again. So why give up that chance?
I need some privacy, please.

rocnav

Postby rocnav » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 2:14 pm

I think the biggest thing I've noticed in Singapore, versus other cities in the States, or Europe, or even Oz for that matter, is that women don't do well with eye play here. Go figure?

What I mean is if I see someone I'd like to talk to, I like to make positive eye contact first. If I can at least get a small smile or some kind of positive sign, I'll go in and start a conversation. Since I've been here, either I'm a lot uglier translated in Singlish, or things just aren't the same, because that never happens. I still go in to talk, but the odds are much worse when you have no positive indication.

so...If you see a guy you like, make eye contact, and give him a little smile to let him know you're interested too. If he doesn't react at that point, move over closer to where he is, and open yourself up for conversaton. After that, if he doesn't respond, move on sister!
30's US Male looking for friends, fun and great experiences!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 2:45 pm

2487chica wrote:I'm disappointed in Singapore.... Men, doesn't matter local or not, have no guts to ask a girl out here. They just stick to their own. It kind of made me wonder if I'm not good enough or something, but then all senses said no. SO, why just walk by someone you'd like to know without stopping and saying hello? Just simply no guts. Do I have to be the guy here and do the first move? Gee.. Maybe one of these days I will. See what happens.

Either they're intimidated by you or they think your apparently imaginary boyfriend just went to the bathroom.

What rocnav said.

no1naz

Exactly my thoughts with the eye contact

Postby no1naz » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 4:49 pm

It can take alot for a guy to make the first move, if you dont have any idea on the intentions of the woman. Any slight indication of interest or existance would do. Then perhaps you may have guys approach you....

Its one thing complaining about the nature of man when you feel they dont have it in them to make the first move, but that means its the same for women. 21st Century now and i cant see anywhere where it says it has to be the guy who needs to make the first move.

Girls know how it feels when a guy takes an interest in them, they feel special, sexy, appreciated! Men either get a number if theyre lucky or a dirty look if theyre not!

I went to the F1 this weekend, met a really nice girl, got talking, enjoyed the concert and exchanged digits. The good thing with her was she was friendly, willing to talk and made it very easy to talk to!