Singapore Expats Forum

25/m from US on 2-year assignment

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
itsajelly27

25/m from US on 2-year assignment

Postby itsajelly27 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:34 am

I'm a 25 year old male from the US (Ohio) who recently moved to Singapore for a 2-year assignment with my job. I'm hoping to meet some friends to hang out with outside of work. I'm not much into the club scene, so I'm looking to find some laid back bars/pubs to chat and have a drink or two (alcohol is so damn expensive here). I'm very into indie rock, though I'm not sure a scene exists here for that. I love sports, whether it be spectating or playing, so I'd love to do some of that while I'm here. I'm also hoping to travel a lot in Asia while I have the opportunity, so I'm hoping to meet some like-minded people to explore with.

Anyways, please get in touch if you'd like to get together, either reply here or email me at: moore.1542@gmail.com

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 2:00 pm

Search for one the users here, Angel Joy; she seems to be always on the look out for gigs. Can't tell, though if you have the same taste in music. For your other interests, lotsa people posting activities; you may find one that you like.

itsajelly27

Postby itsajelly27 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 2:09 pm

Thanks for your reply. I'll have to try to track her down. I have cruised the events pages, but haven't really seen any that I've been interested so far. Not giving up yet though. I'm hoping they'll do another 'expat quiz night', I quite like pub quizzes and unfortunately had to miss the last one.

Nice avatar, btw. I've been there.