Singapore Expats

LTVP e-VP - Can you apply when not yet in SG?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
penfold

LTVP e-VP - Can you apply when not yet in SG?

Post by penfold » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 8:28 pm

Hi

I’ve scoured some of the previous threads on this topic… but couldn’t find answers to the specific questions below (so apologies in advance for re-hashing this topic):

As a holder of an EPEC, do I already need to be in Singapore when applying for an e-VP Long-Term? I didn’t think I did, but when completing Stage 2 of 5 of the e-VP it asks for my Address in Singapore as a mandatory field, with a secondary box for entering previous addresses (including foreign). I would enter my London address, but I don’t want the application to be rejected for such a minor error (if it comes to it, I have family friends in Singapore whose address I could list if required).

I assumed one of the main benefits of the e-VP was that it could be completed before being in Singapore? Or rather than applying through the e-VP, would people recommend applying when I’m in Singapore (when I could list the residence I was staying at).

Bit of background; moving from the UK in October, my girlfriend has secured employment as a teacher, I’ll be looking for employment.

Appreciate any advice on this one! Many Thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: LTVP e-VP - Can you apply when not yet in SG?

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 8:14 am

The answer, as I found out myself .. NO

You must be here, with a white card, before you can submit a LTVP application

Hope this helps

penfold

Post by penfold » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 4:38 am

Thanks for the quick response. Gives me more confidence about the correct way of doing things!

When you turned up at the airport, did they check if you had an onward flight booked already (as its one of the conditions of entering even on a basic tourist visa)?

Any advice on whether it's quicker to apply for an LTVP online or going to the ICA offices?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:45 am

penfold wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Gives me more confidence about the correct way of doing things!

When you turned up at the airport, did they check if you had an onward flight booked already (as its one of the conditions of entering even on a basic tourist visa)?

Any advice on whether it's quicker to apply for an LTVP online or going to the ICA offices?
All your answers are at the ICA site.

No, I don't need a return ticket as I am resident here ..

For tourists, yes, you must show proof of departure, though, in Singapore, you can get away with this saying you are taking a bus to Malaysia, or ferry to Batam ..

Though the immigration officers may or may not bother to check your return, based on their instincts ..

LTVP online or direct ? no, even direct, you just get to use the PC provided by ICA to fill in the info, and no "DIRECT" submission for most stuff now.

luknsq407

Post by luknsq407 » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 6:00 pm

to my understanding as well, on receiving an EPEC one could apply electornically thru e-VP.

any more views on this?
The journey not the destination matters

imbUdz

Post by imbUdz » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:35 pm

penfold wrote:Thanks for the quick response. Gives me more confidence about the correct way of doing things!

Sometimes they will ask you for the return ticket, if you don't have any, just show them your EPEC approval letter.

You HAVE to appy LTVP online, you can't go to ICA office to apply for it.
I know, because I went to the ICA myself and they turn me down and asked me to apply online.

After your LTVP application are approved, then you will have to come to the ICA for the 'completion of formalities' which is strictly by appointment.

My suggestion would be, apply the LTVP before you come to Singapore and only after they approved and tell you to make the appointment then you come to Singapore.
The reason is, for the appointment it's usually packed and you might find a slot for 2 or 3 weeks after your LTVP approval.
In my case, I got my appointment slot 1 day before my 30-day social visit pass is up. So, don't take risk like me.

Good luck with your application.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 11:43 pm

imbUdz wrote: My suggestion would be, apply the LTVP before you come to Singapore and only after they approved and tell you to make the appointment then you come to Singapore.
Pray, enlighten me .. how do you apply for LTVP online, as, without a white card number, you can't proceed to the next page ?????

:???: :???:

And you get a white card only upon arrival in Singapore .. or did I miss something ????

or did you manage to hack the system ???

imbUdz

Post by imbUdz » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:11 am

ecureilx wrote:
imbUdz wrote: My suggestion would be, apply the LTVP before you come to Singapore and only after they approved and tell you to make the appointment then you come to Singapore.
Pray, enlighten me .. how do you apply for LTVP online, as, without a white card number, you can't proceed to the next page ?????

:???: :???:

And you get a white card only upon arrival in Singapore .. or did I miss something ????

or did you manage to hack the system ???
Does it? I forgot about the immigration card, sorry my bad.
Well, in that case you have no choice but to come to Singapore and apply for it.
Hopefully, you'll get an early appointment date before your social visit pass is up.

medcheckonsat

Post by medcheckonsat » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 1:19 pm

Nah you remember it correctly, I also set the appointment from my home country (printed the appointment confirmation using my dad's printer in his office foom). The white card will be given to the officer when you come as per the appointed date.
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 2:38 pm

medcheckonsat wrote:Nah you remember it correctly, I also set the appointment from my home country (printed the appointment confirmation using my dad's printer in his office foom). The white card will be given to the officer when you come as per the appointed date.
What's foom ??? :???: :???:

Enlighten me again, please:

How do you file the LTVP online and get an appointment WITHOUT THE WHITE CARD at the time of the online submission ???

medcheckonsat

Post by medcheckonsat » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 4:23 pm

ecureilx wrote:
medcheckonsat wrote:Nah you remember it correctly, I also set the appointment from my home country (printed the appointment confirmation using my dad's printer in his office foom). The white card will be given to the officer when you come as per the appointed date.
What's foom ??? :???: :???:

Enlighten me again, please:

How do you file the LTVP online and get an appointment WITHOUT THE WHITE CARD at the time of the online submission ???
typo, i mean room. Sorry. I applied the ltvp on sep 2010, did not remember anything about needing the white card so i don't know what you are talking about. I apply ltvp after i get EPEC (whether that makes any difference i do not know). If there is any rule requiring the white card after sep 2010, I apologise for my misleading information.
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 5:05 pm

medcheckonsat wrote:I apply ltvp after i get EPEC (whether that makes any difference i do not know). If there is any rule requiring the white card after sep 2010, I apologise for my misleading information.
As of now, or since last six months ago, when you do online LTVP, you must enter the white card # before you proceed to the next page.

Not in Singapore ? No white card :D

And no manual submissions anymore ..