Singapore Expats Forum

Working in hotel

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.

apple&dog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Working in hotel

Postby apple&dog » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:24 am

Hi Everyone,

I'm from Hong Kong. I am looking to work in Singapore. I would like to know if it is easy to get a visa? Or, should I get a working holiday visa.

I graduated in hotel management. What are the salary like? How about the nightlife over in Singapore?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Re: Working in hotel

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:33 am

apple&dog wrote:Hi Everyone,

I'm from Hong Kong. I am looking to work in Singapore. I would like to know if it is easy to get a visa? Or, should I get a working holiday visa.

I graduated in hotel management. What are the salary like? How about the nightlife over in Singapore?


www.mom.gov.sg will tell you all about the passes, other than doing a simple search here ..

apple&dog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Postby apple&dog » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 2:27 pm

Thanks, the salary will be ok right? I am not a big spender.

Plus, I am looking for a flatmate to share with the rent.

User avatar
medcheckonsat
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Location: 03-316

Postby medcheckonsat » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 2:35 pm

How much is your "ok" ?

For me, I earn only SGD 2,100 but am able to live comfortably for my standard. :oops:

Some people can't even live with SGD 4,500 :-|

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 2:43 pm

medcheckonsat wrote:How much is your "ok" ?

For me, I earn only SGD 2,100 but am able to live comfortably for my standard. :oops:

Some people can't even live with SGD 4,500 :-|


Good point. A lot of people lose sight of this.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9810
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010

Postby ecureilx » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 3:40 pm

medcheckonsat wrote:How much is your "ok" ?

For me, I earn only SGD 2,100 but am able to live comfortably for my standard. :oops:

Some people can't even live with SGD 4,500 :-|


And last week, in a clark quay bar, a guy was whining that he finds it hard to survive on his 180K PA (apartment paid by company .. ) :D :D

apple&dog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Postby apple&dog » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:01 pm

Now, how do i get them to hire me?

Do i just send them my CV? Call them? Whats the best for them to get me hire?

I'm still in Hong Kong. Or do i have to go to singapore to do this?

User avatar
medcheckonsat
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Location: 03-316

Postby medcheckonsat » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:07 pm

ecureilx wrote:And last week, in a clark quay bar, a guy was whining that he finds it hard to survive on his 180K PA (apartment paid by company .. ) :D :D


survive my a**, he should be living in heaven with that amount of money (assuming he's single) :P

apple&dog wrote:Now, how do i get them to hire me?

Do i just send them my CV? Call them? Whats the best for them to get me hire?

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm still in Hong Kong. Or do i have to go to singapore to do this?

Being in Singapore helps, at least in my case


apple&dog
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Postby apple&dog » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:10 pm

So, I get to singapore and apply for work visa?

Or apply for work visa then go to singapore to find jobs?

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8333
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children
Contact:

Postby nakatago » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:35 pm

apple&dog wrote:So, I get to singapore and apply for work visa?

Or apply for work visa then go to singapore to find jobs?


Did you read the link?

You cannot apply for a work visa/permit. Only your employer can.

beppi
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu, 07 Sep 2006
Location: Ahlongistan (O$P$)

Postby beppi » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:38 pm

Did you do any research at all?
I suggest the "search" function of this site, and the MoM and ICA websites. It's all well discussed and explained!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests