Singapore Expats Forum

Question about LPR and In-Principle PR

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
imbUdz

Question about LPR and In-Principle PR

Postby imbUdz » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:54 pm

First thing first, I'm an Indonesian Chinese graduated from some Singapore college with a bachelor degree.
I have not much work experiences beside part-timing n freelancing, but I already got my EPEC and granted the LTVP since August.

Well, my problem is I don't have any luck landing a job in SG in these few weeks, so I'm thinking of trying to get the LPR or In-Principle PR.
Thing is, I dunno what are the difference of LPR and In-Principle PR or are they the same?
I might go to the SMC consultant thingy to ask about it one of these days, but if there's any of you guys got any information or advice regarding the matter, please enlighten me.

Looking for a company that's able to grant me S-pass is much harder than finding the right job these days, I find. Most of em are only looking for local and PR... =/

medcheckonsat

Postby medcheckonsat » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:24 pm

I thought the LPR application is not available anymore? The last batch is on Jun/Jul 2011 though. You can check with the SMC to confirm but I am pretty sure you have missed the boat, pal.

And yes, LPR and In-Principal PR is the same.

imbUdz

Postby imbUdz » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:47 pm

Yes, you are right medcheckonsat..
I just emailed SMC abt it n they told me the application is suspended for the time being..
so yeah, tough luck =/

I guess S pass is the only way for me to go..
Thx tho