Singapore Expats Forum

Documents for EPEC application

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
luknsq407
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011

Documents for EPEC application

Postby luknsq407 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:31 pm

I have been reading up and understood that all you need during the EPEC application are the Under Graduate & Graduate education certificates. Though when i spoke to one of the authorised agents in my country he said one requires to upload school certificates as well. Now i am confused, as i rather do this myself than trusting an agent.

Am i correct in my understanding or are school certificates also required. And by school i mean, Class 10 and Class 12. Also, what is meaning of tertiary qualification???

Please shed some light..

Thnx.
The journey not the destination matters

imbUdz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011

Postby imbUdz » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 1:06 pm

Hi luknsq407,
I've sent my EPEC application myself without the need of an agent, so you might want to rethink of using the agent.
And yes I've got my EPEC approved last April and got my LTVP last August.

Regarding the education certificates, I only sent the under graduate & graduate ones.
I didn't send any high school certificates but I wrote the details in my application.
tertiary qualification might be referring to junior college CMIIW

Good luck on your application

luknsq407
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011

Postby luknsq407 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks imbudz. Thats what i thought.

Howcome you took Apr - August: 5 months for EPEC & LTVP. Does it take that long?

I have heard now things are getting tougher.
The journey not the destination matters

User avatar
medcheckonsat
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011
Location: 03-316

Postby medcheckonsat » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:27 pm

EPEC is valid for 2 years after the date of approval.

My best guess is he got his EPEC approved in April 2011, but did not apply for LTVP until mid-July / early August

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010
Location: My laptop

Re: Documents for EPEC application

Postby BillyB » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:35 pm

luknsq407 wrote:I have been reading up and understood that all you need during the EPEC application are the Under Graduate & Graduate education certificates. Though when i spoke to one of the authorised agents in my country he said one requires to upload school certificates as well. Now i am confused, as i rather do this myself than trusting an agent.

Am i correct in my understanding or are school certificates also required. And by school i mean, Class 10 and Class 12. Also, what is meaning of tertiary qualification???

Please shed some light..

Thnx.


Don't use an agent - they'll charge you between $500-1000 sgd for filling in a few forms and uploading your documents (and probably make a balls-up of it along the way)

Much better to save the cost and do it yourself.

imbUdz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri, 16 Sep 2011

Postby imbUdz » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:56 pm

luknsq407 wrote:Thanks imbudz. Thats what i thought.

Howcome you took Apr - August: 5 months for EPEC & LTVP. Does it take that long?

I have heard now things are getting tougher.

Yeah, just like medcheckonsat said..
I got my EPEC approval on April (I applied for it sometime around March I think?) and stayed in my home country, Indonesia until July then I came to Singapore and applied for the LTVP(can apply online), which took ard 2-3 weeks to approve then I had to go to ICA for completion of formalities.

Tough indeed, getting EPEC/LTVP doesn't ensure us to being employed as the quota being raised.
I myself haven't had any luck so far...

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Re: Documents for EPEC application

Postby JR8 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 3:55 pm

BillyB wrote:Don't use an agent - they'll charge you between $500-1000 sgd for filling in a few forms and uploading your documents (and probably make a balls-up of it along the way)

Much better to save the cost and do it yourself.



I can't see any requirement or point of listing high-school exams passed. Undergrad (tertiary) and post-grad qualifications are what is required.

As BillyB says above, I would not use an agent. The process is straight-forward, self-explanatory and objective. You will not be crafting a story of your career to try and persuade them of your merits. I cannot see any part of the application process where an agent might add value (and yes I have been through it!)

luknsq407
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011

Postby luknsq407 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 4:37 pm

thank you all..

i was not thinking of using the agent till he confused me saying certain other documents were also required. but i am sure now and i agree the whole process is very straight forward.

will be applying over the weekend.. hoping for the best.
The journey not the destination matters

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 4:55 pm

I suspect that it is in the agent's own interests to try and confuse you!

Good luck.

benny65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Postby benny65 » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 9:53 pm

hi guys,
anyone who got the result from MOM could tell me how long does this take to get the EPEC application result after you uploaded your documents? I upload the document for over 2 weeks ( may be 3) and the status is still pending. I suppose it just takes 1 week and now feel pretty worried.

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 9:56 pm

What does it say on the application guidelines?

It used to say expect it to typically take 28 days.

I'd say no news is good news, so relax.

benny65
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon, 19 Sep 2011

Postby benny65 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:53 am

tks for ur reply JR8. As I check the FAQ of EPEC, it says we should wait for a week to get the result so that's why I worried :) . One more thing, do you know how long it takes to get the result of Long term visit pass applying? Thank a heap.

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 6005
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby ksl » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 1:24 pm

benny65 wrote:tks for ur reply JR8. As I check the FAQ of EPEC, it says we should wait for a week to get the result so that's why I worried :) . One more thing, do you know how long it takes to get the result of Long term visit pass applying? Thank a heap.
upto 30 days for LTVSP if you are already in Singapore.

luknsq407
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 15 Sep 2011

Postby luknsq407 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 2:33 pm

Guys, what is personal particulars page.. what is the info that MOM is looking for? Due to updations my personal details are spread across 4 pages!
The journey not the destination matters

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16514
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010
Location: K. Puki Manis

Postby JR8 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 4:56 pm

luknsq407 wrote:Guys, what is personal particulars page.. what is the info that MOM is looking for? Due to updations my personal details are spread across 4 pages!


re: your reply to me, oh I see, it must have changed as my own EPEC took three weeks I think.

What personal particulars page? And your details are spread over four pages where?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest