Singapore Expats

Dishwasher! The SG dilemma??

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 11:24 am

As we are still actually talking about environmental, doesn't rinsing the dishes before putting in the dishwasher see like a double negative? Wash 'em be fore putting them in the dishwasher? :???:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BigSis
Chatter
Chatter

Post by BigSis » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 12:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As we are still actually talking about environmental, doesn't rinsing the dishes before putting in the dishwasher see like a double negative? Wash 'em be fore putting them in the dishwasher? :???:

It's like cleaning before the cleaner arrives :D

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:02 pm

Yeah, cause in most cases, we tend to clean after the maid leaves! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:07 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, cause in most cases, we tend to clean after the maid leaves! :lol:
Isn't that a similar concept to taking a dump after a shower??!!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:As we are still actually talking about environmental, doesn't rinsing the dishes before putting in the dishwasher see like a double negative? Wash 'em be fore putting them in the dishwasher? :???:
Like rinsing off the gunk before putting gunky dishes into your nice clean washing up water? :wink:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 02 Oct 2011 1:59 pm

JR8 wrote:
Like rinsing off the gunk before putting gunky dishes into your nice clean washing up water? :wink:
I wouldn't know about that. We tend to just scrap the plates before putting them in the dishwater. But then again, a lot depends on whether you put your detergent in the sink of water or you use a small detergent bowl so are only using the water as a pre/post rinse before the final rinse in the 2nd smaller sink. We alway saved the heavy gear (pots, etc) for last. Whatever. Works for us.

Still can't believe how many pages dishwater can take up! Pretty dirty topic I guess. :D

SpouseofPR

Dishwasher

Post by SpouseofPR » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 3:06 pm

Hi,

Anybody used a Brandt integrated dishwasher before? Please share your experiences. Thanks in advance!

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 3:33 pm

Yes, it was awful.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 4:18 pm

Short, sweet & to the point! :cool:

WSand

Re: Dishwasher! The SG dilemma??

Post by WSand » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 4:17 pm

Are there dishwashers now? I'm moving soon to SG, so I need to know this. Here in Washington, I have Thermador dwhd640jfp dishwasher https://www.appliancesconnection.com/th ... 40jfp.html, and I hope so that I could buy something similar there? Any advice? Also, I need advice for some good refrigerator. Any info could help :)

Thank you!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 5:44 pm

I have a Myanmar Dishwasher. But she also doubles as the housekeeper and Mother-in-Law minder. :mrgreen:

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 6:03 pm

WSand wrote:Are there dishwashers now? I'm moving soon to SG, so I need to know this. Here in Washington, I have Thermador dwhd640jfp dishwasher https://www.appliancesconnection.com/th ... 40jfp.html, and I hope so that I could buy something similar there? Any advice? Also, I need advice for some good refrigerator. Any info could help :)

Thank you!
Eat at coffee shop every meal , never need to wash any dishes :)
Life is short, paddle harder!!

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 26 Apr 2018 9:29 pm

WSand wrote:Are there dishwashers now? I'm moving soon to SG, so I need to know this. Here in Washington, I have Thermador dwhd640jfp dishwasher https://www.appliancesconnection.com/th ... 40jfp.html, and I hope so that I could buy something similar there? Any advice? Also, I need advice for some good refrigerator. Any info could help :)

Thank you!
We had no room in the kitchen so the dishwasher went outside with the washer and dryer. It's the Bosch under the dryer and it worked well. We also had a second fridge (far left) outside for drinks.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 27 Apr 2018 8:12 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have a Myanmar Dishwasher. But she also doubles as the housekeeper and Mother-in-Law minder. :mrgreen:
I am the dishwasher in my house. That is the only physical activity I do and it is also the only help I do for my wife.

I always wonder if we should buy a dryer and/or a dishwasher, but if we do so, then the last bit of physical activity that we do will also be gone and replaced with more time in front of screen.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 18 May 2018 11:57 am

Erickem wrote:how you do your laundry by hand? :???:
Generally speaking, I think most people use their hands? :mrgreen:
small stool, large tub, and when finished just pour it into the raised concrete bund around the washing machine that is the original washing area prior to having machines to do the washing. I also had stacked washer & dryer when I lived in Seletar Airbase (In a black & white).