Singapore Expats

Hope someone can help, a bit messy my case..

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lostworld

Hope someone can help, a bit messy my case..

Post by lostworld » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:18 pm

..thanks in advance for reading...to cut story short as its a Friday wkend(hopefully some expert will assist over the weekend)..

I (Local Sin) intend to get marry my year long Girlfriend (China) and she got a wedlock Baby (not mine, but from her Ex-Boyfriend, both did not married) . I think the Baby Complicates things here...

Brief profile of my GF
Had Degree in china, studied English,Econ Management, and speak Korean,English too.
Work for few years in China, and had work in Singapore as a S-PASS (a local marine company) before ard 2 years back for only 6 months (left because did not like company treatment)
Last year obtain Approval-in-Principal of EP but did Not work in company for personal reason - discovered Pregnant.

I am a self-employed guy for 3 years, single, income ave $3.5K above..year bf $4.5K ave.

Tentatively my plan is to get MARRY here and settle them here.
Q- I love the child, how possible is it for them to migrate here ?
Q- If get marry here, does it mean baby is lawfully mine?or need just go register and declared? (Sucks i got no idea at all !saw a thread that this is possible for Baby to apply SC after marry)
Q- Does bringing them here possible at all i wonder ? whats the best solution ? i think if she wants she can find a job here too with her qualifications..Its quite impossible for both of them to come here first, then look for job and then get marry. We got to marry first.
Q- LTVP helps? How about the child, also LTVP ?
Q - Possible to go personally to ICA and get some ideas from them?

i dont know it just messy, i cant even ask what questions is relevant..

pls do advice thanks sincerely so that i can know the problems ya.

Lostworld

:???:

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 12:14 am

Marrying for the purpose of getting a visa is called "marriage of convenience" and such cases are rejected by the authorities.

To dispel the impression that yours is a marriage of convenience, you could live together with her for at least two years before applying for a Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP) for her. (Obviously, it would be living outside of Singapore until then.) Please note that she cannot work on an LTVP, but she can then look for a job and apply for EP while here.

Alternatively, she could get an EP directly by finding a job from abroad, with your help.

After living here for a while (two or three years), she can apply for PR.

lostworld

Post by lostworld » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 10:30 am

puzzle. so u mean to ICA i wish to marry her so that she can find a job here?..no,i didnt say she must work, she can apply a EP if she wants to in future, but now i dont even know whats the chance of bringing Her and the Baby here and stay with me. Thanks.

lostworld

Post by lostworld » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:45 am

good to look for a Lawyer/Agency to take care of my case ? i am considering it..becos all things sudden overwhelm me.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 3:31 pm

You don't need a lawyer (which wouldn't help with the Singapore authorities anyway), you need a friend who can look at things more objectively and less emotionally.
All the following was already written above:
- If you marry and immediately apply for a visa for her, it will look like a marriage of convenience to ICA. It would be up to you to disprove this, which is difficult to impossible. Thus better live together elsewhere first for a few years before applying. Then she can get an LVP.
- If she finds a job here, she can get an EP on her own merits. This is easier, independent of your marriage and probably altogether the better solution.

lostworld

Post by lostworld » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 3:39 pm

it will be easy if only she came. What about the Child? any idea ?

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 3:52 pm

Once she gets a visa, the child, as her dependant, will also get one.

lostworld

Post by lostworld » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 4:13 pm

guess i need someone who knows how to explain the exact procedure/steps in going about doing it - and consequences,pros,cons etc. Not going to hastily bring her here, and child cant stay or need to go back every few months to own country with child..and the legal stuff to put child to put my name as father (not sure if that is possible also).. :roll:

will drop by ICA this Wed... :?

lostworld

Post by lostworld » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 2:04 pm

nothing conclusive didnt even manage to see officer..just at the counter recept, explain scenerio, and just ask my to e-save for both...haizz...