Singapore Expats Forum

New to Singapore from Canada!

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
Anne-Marie88

New to Singapore from Canada!

Postby Anne-Marie88 » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 8:30 pm

Hello! My name is Anne-Marie I am 23 years old and I just moved to Singapore yesterday to teach ballet at a company here. I would realllly love to meet some awesome expats who are also interested in drinking, dancing, going out, travelling and sightseeing! I am pretty outgoing and also easy going with a good sense of humour and I am just reallly amped to get to meet some people here and do things! Message me if you are interested;)

rattlecat

hi

Postby rattlecat » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 11:35 am

I am Chinese, 22 years old, like photography, can teach you Chinese, and you teach me English
You can also when my model, let my pictures
my email xwm599@126.com

no1naz

Hey!

Postby no1naz » Wed, 14 Sep 2011 5:15 pm

Hey Anne- marie,

I am in the same boat as you. I came over here from London England to work. Big move for me as i didnt have any friends here! Been here almost 2 weeks, still missing home and trying to make as much friends as i can! Im a british asian guy, 26 want to have as much fun as possible, try not to miss home soo much!

Im into the same things as you can, although im not a very good dancer! Would love to explore singapore and the surrounding areas with anyone who also would!

Let me know if you want to meet up some time, or as a group, go for a beer or something!

ta
Naz
You need to take it to make it

versatile186
Regular
Regular

Hello Anne-Marie88

Postby versatile186 » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:23 pm

Hi Anne-Marie88,

Welcone- how are you.
-Raghav

versatile186@yahoo.com
Change is the begining of new aspect of life.

kikilu

Postby kikilu » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:50 pm

Hi, I would love to meet new friends too. I just graduated from college and moved to Singapore last month from the US. Totally would love go dancing and explore Singapore with you guys. Please let me know your plans.

P.S. still a noob at this, so I am not allowed to send private message to anyone.

no1naz

hey

Postby no1naz » Wed, 21 Sep 2011 4:18 pm

hey,

I would like to meet new ppl too, new ti SG and need a network of friends, gets lonely out here! give us a shout! not much of a dancer though, may need some lessons or a few beers!

kidcopop

hi

Postby kidcopop » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 2:03 pm

great to know a lil bit about you :P

please give me your email address to plan some outting.

barry here.

lulu86

Postby lulu86 » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 2:08 pm

Hi guys, count me in too :p

I'm 25, originally from South Africa, although was living in the UK before coming to Singapore.

I would be delighted to join you if you're planning an outing. Get in touch with me at rudoamagadza@yahoo.co.uk.

no1naz

hey all

Postby no1naz » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 4:20 pm

Well,

if anyones interested lol, im Naresh (Naz), im 26 born n bred in the uk, Wolverhampton to be precise, got a pretty strong accent so be warned! I just moved here to work for a bank, thinking it would be a great experience.

Thought it would be easy to make friends here, but havent found that to be the case! Neway, enough of the sob story, im fun, i think, sociable, enjoys a beer in the evening, trying new things etc, shy at first but im ok once i get going!

It would be good to make a group of friends to explore SG, the islands, Malaysia etc, whilst im here, otherwise i think im going to want to head home, as i left a big group of ppl there! anyone in the same boat as me?

lulu86

Postby lulu86 » Thu, 22 Sep 2011 5:19 pm

Hi Naresh

You sound lovely. I know how you feel! But I've been in Singapore for a while and I believe you will meet some nice people, it just takes one person introducing you to their friends and so on and hopefully you'll soon have a bunch of fun and lovely people to hang out with as most of us are in the same boat when we get here.

I'm back in Singapore after I'd been away for about 5 months and am slowly readjusting to life back. The only annoying thing sometimes is that people come and go, a lot of people are only here for a few months or a couple of years then they leave, as some of my friends just did.

Anyhoo if you would like to meet up let me know!