Singapore Expats Forum

Sketching/Drawing? Anyone?

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
ahdahboo

Sketching/Drawing? Anyone?

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:00 pm

Thinking of going to certain places once a week for painting/sketching, anyone interested?

I'm 23f, fun loving, love to talk about paintings and whimsical shit lol, you should be the same too, artistic, tomboyish, love girly cute stuff (Sanrio) and day dreaming like me lol, preferably females. If you have a doggie to play with while we are painting then most welcome, I have kitties of my own!

Love <3

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:07 pm

Something like live sketching or just general drawings?

I don't see many people outdoors drawing from life (they're probably indoors with a bowl of fruit or a model). There were people outdoors drawing just outside NAFA by Bencoolen street but they were art/design students. Photography's a much more popular activity here.

That said, as an artist in a non-professional capacity myself, drawing/painting/sketching, I think, isn't really a social and more introverted activity. However, there's no reason for it not to be. I'm a dude, BTW, so I'm out.

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:11 pm

Oh hi there,

Being an artistic little girl myself I love to draw and I don't really care where why what your typical 5W1H. That being said, I don't see why you should care either. To me, drawing is a form of stress release and soul searching, I did some work for a few manga artists in Japan (nothing big, just manga assistant) so I'm not an amateur who just loves to draw.

A dude is ok but only when I have found a few girls :) I'm actually engaged so prefer not to give any wrong impression, I'm not a sexist though (or discriminative hahahaha, I prefer to use sexist)

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:18 pm

Just thought of this:

You need a cast a wider net then as drawing isn't as popular as it used to. I'm sure there are local groups (as in majority of members are locals) devoted to this. I've seen several posts here before calling for artists but they barely got traction if at all.

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:22 pm

nakatago wrote:Just thought of this:

You need a cast a wider net then as drawing isn't as popular as it used to. I'm sure there are local groups (as in majority of members are locals) devoted to this. I've seen several posts here before calling for artists but they barely got traction if at all.

Thanks for the suggestion, that's very kind of you :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 3:04 pm

Yahoo groups, or some such?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 3:10 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yahoo groups, or some such?

Yahoo groups died when Facebook groups launched.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 3:23 pm

How about facebook groups? :P

kikilu

Postby kikilu » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 12:54 pm

OMG this is such an awesome idea. I was just thinking about doing something I love at least once a week and drawing is the top of my list, followed by biking/ hiking and dancing lol. Please let me know when you'd want to just spend an afternoon sketching. I just graduated from college and moved to Singapore from the US last month. F/22. :) Sorry I am still new and can't send private message yet. But definitely keep me in the loop for this one. Thanks!

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:31 am

kikilu wrote:OMG this is such an awesome idea. I was just thinking about doing something I love at least once a week and drawing is the top of my list, followed by biking/ hiking and dancing lol. Please let me know when you'd want to just spend an afternoon sketching. I just graduated from college and moved to Singapore from the US last month. F/22. :) Sorry I am still new and can't send private message yet. But definitely keep me in the loop for this one. Thanks!

Hey there, just replied your pm. Well the response is depressing though but we shall keep our spirits up, ill probably hatch a coffee plan when there are more than 4 confirmed pax

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:33 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:How about facebook groups? :P

Harsh mate. I'd prefer expats living in Sg with genuine interest, set up a group for retardness worshippers before and was full of weird gay people. So facebook is out, unless luck smiles upon me

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:36 am

ahdahboo wrote:

Harsh mate. I'd prefer expats living in Sg with genuine interest, set up a group for retardness worshippers before and was full of weird gay people. So facebook is out, unless luck smiles upon me

That's kinda offensive, don't you think? But there is some grain of truth to that. Lotsa weird people online, especially Facebook. Makes the DeviantArt crowd look like a bunch of normal, goes-to-Church-on-Sundays, does nothing different people. This forum, case in point. I'm not weird, btw. I'm normal; it's the rest of the world that is weird.

AngelJoy
Chatter
Chatter

Postby AngelJoy » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:45 am

i used to do chinese paintings and water colors,did some sketch(mostly about clothes) before but oh boy that's so long ago.
i doodle on my moleskine notebook from time to time.

so keep me updated:)

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 1:45 pm

nakatago wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:

That's kinda offensive, don't you think? But there is some grain of truth to that. Lotsa weird people online, especially Facebook. Makes the DeviantArt crowd look like a bunch of normal, goes-to-Church-on-Sundays, does nothing different people. This forum, case in point. I'm not weird, btw. I'm normal; it's the rest of the world that is weird.

Gay as in sexually explicit people that taunts and trolls, no offense to the purple community as I myself am a big fan of Kumar

Retardness worshipping is a farewell to our adolescence and one step into the adult's world which I established at the age of 19. The group encouraged silly fun and stay true to self' silliness rather than get all worked and straightened up. We age physically, not mentally. For the record, I'm extremely popular with kids below 12.

For that I don't find my group offensive :)

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 1:47 pm

AngelJoy wrote:i used to do chinese paintings and water colors,did some sketch(mostly about clothes) before but oh boy that's so long ago.
i doodle on my moleskine notebook from time to time.

so keep me updated:)

Would you be keen for coffee? Just sit down and exchange ideas. We have me, you, and another member somewhere above your post haha