Singapore Expats

Choosing daycare/preschool/childcare services in Singapore

Discuss the many options of preschools and which suits your children.
NeutralBayMummy

Re: Choosing daycare/preschool/childcare services in Singapo

Post by NeutralBayMummy » Tue, 18 Nov 2014 5:45 am

Hi all

My husband and 4 year old son and I are moving to Singapore by around April 2015. We need to find a Pre-School that matches as close as possible to the below. I intend to try to narrow down to a few and then go and visit them in January. Any recommendations?

• High Teacher:Student ratios
• Close to an MRT or with bus service
• Good, new facilities
• Likely to have a place by mid-2015

We have decided that we need to find the right place for him and then look for accommodation hopefully within walking distance. I have a dream of walking him to school and then hopping on a train to get to work (@ Marina Bay Sands).

Any thoughts/ideas most welcome!

itsmeunun

Post by itsmeunun » Fri, 02 Jan 2015 4:17 pm

I just start researching childcare in West area. My baby is turning to 10 months.

Anyone has recommendations? I saw the ages mostly from 1.5 year, but is it possible to send our baby at 2 years old?

Angelteo

Re: Choosing daycare/preschool/childcare services in Singapore

Post by Angelteo » Mon, 11 May 2015 2:21 pm

Hello Guys,

I have just moved back from Australia with my husband after giving birth. I've been recommended to modern montessori, is that a good school?

MomKiasu

Re:

Post by MomKiasu » Fri, 15 May 2015 11:34 am

wannamove wrote:Thank you! Very helpful. I am just starting the process of searching for daycares for my almost 2 yr old. I know I cannot finalize on one before visiting them. This is a great starting point write-up

A few questions

- How many daycares did you visit before picking one?
- How spacious are the daycares? Moving from Texas - a few daycares we visited during our short stay were crowded
- Waiting lists? Do daycares (especially the premium ones) have long waiting lists?
- Preschools - I see a few preschools take kids as young as 2 but the day ends at 3 pm or so. Since both of us will be working full-time we cannot pick up my daughter by 3. Do they have after-school care?
- Visiting daycares - I love how my daycare here has open-door policy. Parents can walk in anytime and to visit the daycare before enrollment we do not require appointments. It seems more transparent this way. But most daycares I talk to in Singapore require appointments. Is this norm or am I just picking the "wrong" daycares
- Food - I see many daycares offer their own food - are daycares okie with dietary regulations? Can send our own food?

Thank you
Hi there wannamove! When my youngest daughter was 3, we had to send her to daycare as we were both busy with work. I have found a list of daycares in Singapore as I was worried about which daycare to send to so I did some research and decided to inspect a couple(check the environment/food/caretakers) of them after reading reviews from the list.

Here's the list: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/childcarelist

Hopefully i have contributed. :D

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 15 May 2015 12:40 pm

Nice link MomKiasu. ;-)
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

donil.edwards

Post by donil.edwards » Tue, 28 Jul 2015 3:30 pm

NeutralBayMummy wrote:Hi all

My husband and 4 year old son and I are moving to Singapore by around April 2015. We need to find a Pre-School that matches as close as possible to the below. I intend to try to narrow down to a few and then go and visit them in January. Any recommendations?

• High Teacher:Student ratios
• Close to an MRT or with bus service
• Good, new facilities
• Likely to have a place by mid-2015

We have decided that we need to find the right place for him and then look for accommodation hopefully within walking distance. I have a dream of walking him to school and then hopping on a train to get to work (@ Marina Bay Sands).

Any thoughts/ideas most welcome!
Have you chosen your preschool? Can check out this list: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... _Singapore

keltonsmith

Post by keltonsmith » Sat, 26 Sep 2015 12:38 pm

Hi,

My son is turning 3. Anyone know of a good childcare for kids with special needs?

Thanks!

LAGATHS

Post by LAGATHS » Sun, 23 Jul 2017 2:31 pm

Hello everyone..

I will be migrating to Singapore in few months. My little daughter is 1 1/2 Years now and I'm very concern about finding the most suitable pre-school for her. I have gone through many reviews and found UWCSEA is a good school which concentrate more on education. However, it start from age 4. Thus, I'm looking for a good International School which I can start my daughter from age 2?

Any thoughts, suggestions?

sanjaya22

Post by sanjaya22 » Sat, 06 Jan 2018 2:21 pm

Does anyone have a recommended school from below list ?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_i ... _Singapore

Prichelle93

Post by Prichelle93 » Tue, 23 Jan 2018 8:06 pm

Hi all,

Any recommendations in the west area?

mommyme

Post by mommyme » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 3:51 pm

Hi guys, I can't find a specific thread for this topic but I read that some of you are looking for a preschool for children with learning needs. I happen to read about this preschool and thought it may be useful to you or someone whom you may know: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e ... n=addtoany
Sharing is caring. Be blessed!

mommyme

Post by mommyme » Mon, 19 Mar 2018 3:54 pm

keltonsmith wrote:Hi,

My son is turning 3. Anyone know of a good childcare for kids with special needs?

Thanks!
Hi Kelton, not sure if this comes too late but you may check this school out: http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/e ... n=addtoany

I posted in the group too earlier but thought maybe this would be easier to reach you. Hope it is useful for you!