Singapore Expats Forum

I'm retiring my dopod 900!

Discuss about computers & Internet. Including mobile phones, home appliances & other gadgets. Read about Windows security risks or virus updates.
sundaymorningstaple

I'm retiring my dopod 900!

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 1:24 am

My daughter walked in the house 30 minutes ago and gave me my birthday prezzie! I've got a new Galaxy Tab 10.1. YAY!

Of course she just sold her MacBook to my neice (who lives with me as well) and bought herself a new MacBook Air. I'm now the dinosaur in the house, as we've got two MacBooks & and an iMac & iPhone on my network here an my Dell. By tomorrow afternoon I reckon I'll have the Tab on board as well.

I feel like a kid in a candy story :mrgreen:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 5:06 am

congratulations SMS! Toys are the only things to play with at your age :P :wink: Lucky bugger, my daughter confiscated my phone, after she dropped hers down the toilet!

Keep us updated on the tab, I've been looking at it for a while and the 7 inch phone too as i need a new phone and thought maybe I could kill two birds with one stone, not that i use a phone much, I just like to play with new toys too!

durain
Director
Director

Postby durain » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 2:37 pm

wow... dopod is such a dinosaur in terms of mobile age. dopod used to be smartest smart phone out there!

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah, and it's still working pretty good, the only thing that's died is one channel on the stereio. Course Windoze 5 was a dog, but it's been a good piece of kit and I've been using it for almost 6 years as it was purchased about 3 months after launch. ROI's been pretty good. But with such a nice B'day prezzie from my daughter, well, we'll see. I do like the bigger screen realestate.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 10:26 pm

@sms:

Enjoy your new toy. :P

I hope you got a Bluetooth earpiece with that. :) When I took the subway in Seoul, I can't help but smile when I saw an older guy talk on his Samsung tablet as if it's a small mobile phone. I mean it was big and bulky for a mobile phone. I felt it's kinda awkward. But then again whenever I watch some older movies where they used the bulkier mobile phones, I can't help but wonder at how much we've been become used to the effects of miniaturization. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning