Singapore Expats

Looking for a wine shop - Australian and NZ wines cheap?!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
dubplate

Looking for a wine shop - Australian and NZ wines cheap?!

Post by dubplate » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 6:30 pm

Hello,

I'm looking for a wine shop that socks a good range of Australian and NZ wine and is cheap?

Wine is expensive in Singapore compared to Australia. On top of that, there seems to be a big discrepancy in the cost of a bottle of wine depending on where you shop

In Australia we have the big chain stores like LiquorLand and Dan Murphys - is there any shops like this in Singapore?

Cheers!

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 7:17 pm

Not much really. Though, you could get your wine from all over the world at "ok" prices from Carrefour, Cold Storage or Wine Connection. There are others but these are just off the top of my head.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

dubplate

Post by dubplate » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 7:30 pm

ok, i will check out wine connection.

Been to cold storage and carrefour - was hoping for a better selection at a better price!

I didnt realise how good we had it in Australia in terms of wine - selection and cost!

mrdodge
Regular
Regular

Post by mrdodge » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 8:24 pm

It's possible to get quite decent stuff at reasonable prices if you are prepared to buy cases. I deal with a mob that import nz wines , all highly drinkable, from 25 to 40ish per bottle. While you can certinly go to cold storage etc, and get cheaper stuff , much of it you just use for cleaning concrete rather than drinking, IMO. And the situation has improved immeasurably in the time I have been here, so there are lots of options around now. Cheers

dubplate

Post by dubplate » Sat, 10 Sep 2011 8:26 pm

im ok to buy by the case - can you send me the details of the company you use please?

Miss Swan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Miss Swan » Thu, 15 Sep 2011 1:09 pm