Job Switching

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
Post Reply
Priya Khandekar
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:50 am
Location: Jurong

Job Switching

Post by Priya Khandekar » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:57 am

I am working in a service sector on S Pass for last one month. I got an offer now on EP Pass. Can I switch over to this job. Is it any problem in switching the job.

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:04 pm

Not if you qualify for the EP, if your previous company is willing to let you go, they cancel your S pass without a problem and if MOM approves your would-be company's application of your EP.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:24 pm

nakatago wrote:Not if you qualify for the EP, if your previous company is willing to let you go, they cancel your S pass without a problem and if MOM approves your would-be company's application of your EP.
:D :D

by the way, job switching is so easy nowadays...

when I arrived, the MOM Rule was, you must cancel your EP, switch to Social Visit Pass, and THEN SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION, and if the new pass is rejected - good luck

Atleast now you can apply for a new pass without cancelling the old one ..

Easy life yeah ???

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8348
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 1:20 pm

ecureilx wrote: when I arrived, the MOM Rule was, you must cancel your EP, switch to Social Visit Pass, and THEN SUBMIT A NEW APPLICATION, and if the new pass is rejected - good luck

Atleast now you can apply for a new pass without cancelling the old one ..
Before all this gets too confusing, remember, it's the employer who applies for the employment pass.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9811
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 1:28 pm

nakatago wrote:Before all this gets too confusing, remember, it's the employer who applies for the employment pass.
yes, I stand corrected :)

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Careers & Jobs in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests