Singapore Expats Forum

PR approved!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
medcheckonsat

Postby medcheckonsat » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 2:36 pm

any Indonesians getting their PR application approved lately?

I just completed the formalities of PR last wednesday, will collect the IC this weekend :D

Mine's through LPR scheme though, applied Jan 2010 (yes, 2010), approved Sep 2011 :shock:

Some info:
24/M/Indonesian Chinese/Bachelor of Commerce
Smokers never grow old, they die young :D

azp123
Regular
Regular

Postby azp123 » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 5:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If they can't get rid of the Indians they gonna keep bringing in Malaysian Chinese until the demographic percentages are back where they were before the IT revolution. :-k

SMS, why bring in Malaysian chinese? :-k . I felt they brought in equally China chinese as well as they were brining in Indians

nobodybutme

Postby nobodybutme » Mon, 26 Sep 2011 6:39 pm

azp123 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:If they can't get rid of the Indians they gonna keep bringing in Malaysian Chinese until the demographic percentages are back where they were before the IT revolution. :-k

SMS, why bring in Malaysian chinese? :-k . I felt they brought in equally China chinese as well as they were brining in Indians

Why? The reason I can think of :-

Singapore was part of Malaysia in the past... and Malaysian Chinese shared the same cultures and simalarities. Therefore , they are the prefered one for PR.

azp123
Regular
Regular

Postby azp123 » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:49 am

nobodybutme wrote:
azp123 wrote:

Why? The reason I can think of :-

Singapore was part of Malaysia in the past... and Malaysian Chinese shared the same cultures and simalarities. Therefore , they are the prefered one for PR.

fair enough!!. so, i guess they will also be bringing in malaysian malay, malaysian indian - to keep up with demographics...or may be not... as they produce enough within singapore? 8-)

Saint
Director
Director

Postby Saint » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 11:56 am

azp123 wrote:fair enough!!. so, i guess they will also be bringing in malaysian malay, malaysian indian - to keep up with demographics...or may be not... as they produce enough within singapore? 8-)

Probably not from what we've been hearing concerning current demographics

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 27 Sep 2011 12:21 pm

The government is not concerned about the demographic percentages of the minorities as much as they are concerned with maintaining the percentage of the majority. The minorities used to maintain about 23% but during the 12 years since the run up to the millennium the massive influx of Indians caused their percentage to increase from ~7% to somewhere between 9~10%. The Malays & "others" has remained more or less constant (although both have sub replacement level Fertility Rates but are higher than the Chinese which have the lowest of all the races here. Indian fertility rates are somewhere in between.

nobodybutme

Postby nobodybutme » Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:39 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The government is not concerned about the demographic percentages of the minorities as much as they are concerned with maintaining the percentage of the majority. The minorities used to maintain about 23% but during the 12 years since the run up to the millennium the massive influx of Indians caused their percentage to increase from ~7% to somewhere between 9~10%. The Malays & "others" has remained more or less constant (although both have sub replacement level Fertility Rates but are higher than the Chinese which have the lowest of all the races here. Indian fertility rates are somewhere in between.

Totally agree with SMS. Singapore government is more interested to maintain the demographic of the majority. That's explained why Malaysian Chinese has the upper hands of PR being approved.

slyfly

Postby slyfly » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 6:03 am

There's a good slew of Malaysia Chinese getting PRs approved.....but are there other ethnicities (chinese or not) that have their PRs approved recently?

Wondering if the ICA is singling out all Malaysia Chinese applications and get them approved/processed first.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 01 Oct 2011 6:54 am

No, I don't think they are approving Malaysian Chinese any faster. It just seems like it as they are rejecting most everybody else. As the latest news mentioned, the rate of PR's this past year has dropped dramatically and it's the first time it's dropped since, I believe, 2003 (can't find the article & no time to look at the moment). However, there has been an increase in citizens but the majority are Chinese and the bulk predominately M'sian Chinese.

czx3688

Postby czx3688 » Wed, 26 Oct 2011 5:15 am

I got my PR approval within a month :

Malaysian Chinese, F, single, 39, diploma, 19 mths EP Q1 holder, working in IR, salary $4800.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Wed, 26 Oct 2011 7:42 am

czx3688 wrote:I got my PR approval within a month :

Malaysian Chinese, F, single, 39, diploma, 19 mths EP Q1 holder, working in IR, salary $4800.

Hi czx3688, Congrats !

aargon
Chatter
Chatter

Postby aargon » Wed, 01 Feb 2012 9:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What they didn't say was while citizenship is still the same numerically, it HAS changed demographically. That's why it's still very easy to gain citizenship if you are a Malaysian or Indonesian Chinese.

For a split second I wish I was malaysian or indonesian chinese.... but just a split second :D
Everybody was KungFu Fighting.....

Modery

Postby Modery » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:44 am

Don't want to open a new thread, will just use this one:

My PR application was approved as well, here are the details:

Waiting time: 8 months
Nationality: German
Employment Pass
Time in Singapore: in total 5 years, on EP something between 3.5 and 4 years (was on Training Visit Pass and WHP before)
Education: Masters :wink:
Married to a local for a year now
Bought a property together

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 10:47 am

Thank you for telling us your profile as it helps us (and PR-hopefuls) get a rough idea of who they're granting permanent residences lately.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Postby zzm9980 » Mon, 06 Feb 2012 11:05 am

Modery wrote:Don't want to open a new thread, will just use this one:

My PR application was approved as well, here are the details:

Waiting time: 8 months
Nationality: German
Employment Pass
Time in Singapore: in total 5 years, on EP something between 3.5 and 4 years (was on Training Visit Pass and WHP before)
Education: Masters :wink:
Married to a local for a year now
Bought a property together

Hi, further details that would be useful for us:

Did you apply under family or PTS scheme? If PTS, what is your income level? (Or if you prefer, just tell us if the EP was a P1, or P2)

I think it's been said before that family scheme is easier than PTS scheme currently. So if it's a PTS based PR, the income level will help numerous readers gauge the current flavor.

Thanks!