Singapore Expats Forum

PR approved!

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

PR approved!

Postby shameenali » Sat, 03 Sep 2011 11:48 pm

Hello ppl,

I applied mid may got approved mid aug :) very happy since we weren't expecting approval so fast. For those who thought no quick approvals no more hang in there does happen...:)

nobodybutme
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 28 Jun 2010

Re: PR approved!

Postby nobodybutme » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:32 am

shameenali wrote:Hello ppl,

I applied mid may got approved mid aug :) very happy since we weren't expecting approval so fast. For those who thought no quick approvals no more hang in there does happen...:)


Congrats! :)

User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Re: PR approved!

Postby shameenali » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:35 am

nobodybutme wrote:
shameenali wrote:Hello ppl,

I applied mid may got approved mid aug :) very happy since we weren't expecting approval so fast. For those who thought no quick approvals no more hang in there does happen...:)


Congrats! :)


Thanks mate :)

mak143
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue, 16 Aug 2011

Re: PR approved!

Postby mak143 » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:27 pm

shameenali wrote:Hello ppl,

I applied mid may got approved mid aug :) very happy since we weren't expecting approval so fast. For those who thought no quick approvals no more hang in there does happen...:)



Congrats!! Getting approved in 3 months is really very lucky. Can you give some details about your profile? Like your nationality, work profile, etc etc.

Thnx,
Mak.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:53 pm

:roll:

User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Re: PR approved!

Postby shameenali » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 1:11 pm

mak143 wrote:
shameenali wrote:Hello ppl,

I applied mid may got approved mid aug :) very happy since we weren't expecting approval so fast. For those who thought no quick approvals no more hang in there does happen...:)



Congrats!! Getting approved in 3 months is really very lucky. Can you give some details about your profile? Like your nationality, work profile, etc etc.

Thnx,
Mak.


Thanks Mak. Guess we 1 of the lucky ones around.
Indian tamil wrkin as marketin manager currently on ep (pay nothin fancy jus abt enuf to get by)
Wife is a singaporean tamil workin as an auditor (pay jus abt the same marginally lesser)
28 yrs old. Got an American university degree (might be a contributing factor) Applied under the spouse of a sporean scheme so I guess thts y things clicked quite fast plus I gotta my sis who's sporean too & I donno tht might have helped as well.
Cheers!

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 2:58 pm

Getting PR under the Family Ties scheme is considerably easier than under the PT Scheme. That fact that you had a good degree helped, but in reality, it really didn't matter. What mattered was the family ties. I know, I got my PR the same way, many years ago. Anyway, congrats.

User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Postby shameenali » Sun, 04 Sep 2011 3:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Getting PR under the Family Ties scheme is considerably easier than under the PT Scheme. That fact that you had a good degree helped, but in reality, it really didn't matter. What mattered was the family ties. I know, I got my PR the same way, many years ago. Anyway, congrats.


True true thanks :)

chandra19998
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Wed, 27 Apr 2011

Postby chandra19998 » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 10:32 am

One indian colleague of mine also just got approved, and she is also under family scheme, it takes her 6 months. I guess they are now approving those family scheme applicants more quickly than other schemes

bigroundeyes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 05 Sep 2011

hi

Postby bigroundeyes » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:08 am

hi i want to apply pr for my husband

how to apply

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 35170
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Re: hi

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 11:41 am

bigroundeyes wrote:hi i want to apply pr for my husband

how to apply


Start here.

Michelletss
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 21 Apr 2011
Location: Singapore

Postby Michelletss » Tue, 06 Sep 2011 1:43 pm

Hi there,

Just to share, i got my PR approved too...

Apply in 1st wk of june 2011, approved in 1st wk of Sept. Btw, this is my 3rd application (1st rejected then appeal also got rejected)

I'm malaysian female aged 30, married to SPR (also malaysian) and my husband is my sponsor. Guess apply through family scheme is much easier.

Good luck!
mich

nobodybutme
Member
Member
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon, 28 Jun 2010

Postby nobodybutme » Tue, 06 Sep 2011 2:24 pm

Hi all,

I submitted my PR application on the 27th Jul 2011 and hopefully I can get the my PR approved within 3 months time.

It's so encouraging to know that PR approval is possible within 3 months.

Some info of my profile:-

Applied together with my wife as a family. I have worked in SG under EP-P1(telco industry) for 1.5 years and my wife worked(banking industry) in SG under EP - P2 for 8 months.

Both of us are Malaysian Chinese.

Academic qualification :-

Me : MBA (UK degree)
wife : bachelor degree in MKT (UK degree)

User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Postby shameenali » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:57 am

Michelletss wrote:Hi there,

Just to share, i got my PR approved too...

Apply in 1st wk of june 2011, approved in 1st wk of Sept. Btw, this is my 3rd application (1st rejected then appeal also got rejected)

I'm malaysian female aged 30, married to SPR (also malaysian) and my husband is my sponsor. Guess apply through family scheme is much easier.

Good luck!


Congrats Michelle!

User avatar
shameenali
Regular
Regular
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue, 23 Feb 2010

Postby shameenali » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 11:57 am

nobodybutme wrote:Hi all,

I submitted my PR application on the 27th Jul 2011 and hopefully I can get the my PR approved within 3 months time.

It's so encouraging to know that PR approval is possible within 3 months.

Some info of my profile:-

Applied together with my wife as a family. I have worked in SG under EP-P1(telco industry) for 1.5 years and my wife worked(banking industry) in SG under EP - P2 for 8 months.

Both of us are Malaysian Chinese.

Academic qualification :-

Me : MBA (UK degree)
wife : bachelor degree in MKT (UK degree)


Wish you all the very best!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests