Singapore Expats Forum

where to stay in santa fe

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

jazzyfringe

where to stay in santa fe

Postby jazzyfringe » Wed, 24 Nov 2004 5:17 pm

I'll be going to santa fe next January with my partner is having some conference there and I've been looking up the Internet for cheap decent accomodation in Santa Fe. Plus good places to check out there. Spicy food in Santa Fe? yummy yummy.... Any suggestions from anyone here?

Loislane

Re: where to stay in santa fe

Postby Loislane » Thu, 25 Nov 2004 12:41 pm

Wow!!! lucky You!! Santa Fe is lovely... it will be cold tho! HOw lucky u are.. can i volunteer to be your porter or something? :lol:
Where is the conference being held? The conference people should be organising accomodation... let me know, also how long will u be there, what u like to do etc... there's so many wonderful places to go there and around,, esp if u like wide open spaces! sigh.,... i miss sante fe!!

jazzyfringe wrote:I'll be going to santa fe next January with my partner is having some conference there and I've been looking up the Internet for cheap decent accomodation in Santa Fe. Plus good places to check out there. Spicy food in Santa Fe? yummy yummy.... Any suggestions from anyone here?

Global Citizen

Postby Global Citizen » Thu, 25 Nov 2004 10:04 pm

Gosh, Santa Fe has always been on my list of must see places. You're so lucky! I hear there's lots of amazing arty places and crafts and pretty good food too.

Sounds like you had a great time there, Loislane.

bobdoom
Regular
Regular

Postby bobdoom » Thu, 25 Nov 2004 11:23 pm

go to the north of the city...You have beaches with many nice bars and you can always find people selling fresh river fish on the street.
The river it's not so clean but you can enjoy it swimming and also windsurfing when it's windy, you can enjoy cruising, camping and cross the river with kayak if you want.
From here you have boats for a very cheap rate to cross the river and go to the islands, there you have campings too.

The Planetarium.....The Observatory is free and you can watch the sky.
You also can visit the Experimental Sciences Museum, it's the first one in the country.

Go to the top of the Flag Monument, you will see from there all the big city, the Paraná River and the Front Islands, and lots of cargo ships.

visit the Independencia Park, it´s a beautiful green place located in the center of the gray city. There is a big stadium 'Newell´s Old Boys'.
Municipal Palace

and here's accomodation...
this is the best

Urquiza Apart Hotel 4 stars.....
It's located in the centre of the city. Near everything

food-wise...
best restaurant in the place

El Paso de la Estancia

typical argentinian food....parrillada
good atmosphere, nice people and good music. If you like soccer you can watch it in a big screen!
On weekends you must go earlier because it use to be packed.
Last edited by bobdoom on Sat, 27 Nov 2004 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Loislane

Postby Loislane » Fri, 26 Nov 2004 12:24 pm

Yes, i'd have had a better time if I wasnt going thru a difficult relationship with someone there... but i managed to walk about on my own, even tried skiing!! Jazzy, u might be able to do some skiing if they get some good snow and also try out the Thousand Waves Health Spa...

so Jazzy, u need to tell us where the conference is going to be, then we can advice u on places nearby as well as further..

Global Citizen wrote:Gosh, Santa Fe has always been on my list of must see places. You're so lucky! I hear there's lots of amazing arty places and crafts and pretty good food too.
Sounds like you had a great time there, Loislane.

yes, i loved Georgio Okeefe's Museum!! and the Native american ones too. Oh god, i feel so homesick for the place!!!