Singapore Expats

Landlord breach the agreement

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bapobear

Landlord breach the agreement

Post by bapobear » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 11:04 pm

Hello all, I need some advices here. I am currently renting a HDB room and have problem with the landlord. Here's the story..
At first, when I visited the unit they (landlord, my agent and landlord's agent) said it would be fully furnished but in the end when I moved in I found that there was only wardrobe provided. So I'd requested for mattress and desk and chair. The landlord thereafter always complaints about me.
Last month, I've decided to move out after a month living here and I can't stand with the attitude from landlord. So we both agreed on giving one month's notice period. Then the landlord started looking troubles. I feel that she hopes I move out earlier as she always yells "better move out fast".
Just two days ago, she switched off my aircond's main power and denied that she did it. Then I've requested to get service of the aircon but she refused too.
What can I do here? I've already paid the rental and I think I deserve to have what I paid for. The agents did not reply my complains too.

ksl
Governor
Governor

Re: Landlord breach the agreement

Post by ksl » Sat, 03 Sep 2011 3:31 am

bapobear wrote:Hello all, I need some advices here. I am currently renting a HDB room and have problem with the landlord. Here's the story..
At first, when I visited the unit they (landlord, my agent and landlord's agent) said it would be fully furnished but in the end when I moved in I found that there was only wardrobe provided. So I'd requested for mattress and desk and chair. The landlord thereafter always complaints about me.
Last month, I've decided to move out after a month living here and I can't stand with the attitude from landlord. So we both agreed on giving one month's notice period. Then the landlord started looking troubles. I feel that she hopes I move out earlier as she always yells "better move out fast".
Just two days ago, she switched off my aircond's main power and denied that she did it. Then I've requested to get service of the aircon but she refused too.
What can I do here? I've already paid the rental and I think I deserve to have what I paid for. The agents did not reply my complains too.
Check with HDB to see if she can rent out legally? Just ask if the HDB landlord has permission to rent. If she's giving you a headache tell her you will approach HDB, she will not want that at all. Be polite and say any more complaints that she should move out fast will be reported. But check her out anyway!

KrisAw

Re: Landlord breach the agreement

Post by KrisAw » Mon, 05 Sep 2011 3:34 pm

bapobear wrote:Hello all, I need some advices here. I am currently renting a HDB room and have problem with the landlord. Here's the story..
Well for room rental there's no restrictions actually, unless she's doing it illegally like not fulfilling her minimum stay and rent out her whole flat to tenants or by 'locking 1 room'... since she's staying with u, i guess the best way is to quickly find another place and move out (anyway u would still move out eventually so why drag)!

Just make sure she pay u back every single cent including your rental deposit :p

sundaymadness

Post by sundaymadness » Thu, 08 Sep 2011 12:38 am

sticky situation u have here! so what's your plan?