Singapore Expats

Companies giving consultant for PR, any reliable?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
cbourlard

Companies giving consultant for PR, any reliable?

Post by cbourlard » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 6:49 pm

Hi,

1 year almost done and planning to apply for pr and while surfing about details , i found some HR companies almost guarantee getting pr for 3-4k SGD consultant fee.

anyone have experience about it ?

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 6:53 pm

Sounds shady since only the government can say definitely if you can be PR or not. Save your money for something else worthwhile.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Companies giving consultant for PR, any reliable?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 8:02 pm

cbourlard wrote:Hi,

1 year almost done and planning to apply for pr and while surfing about details , i found some HR companies almost guarantee getting pr for 3-4k SGD consultant fee.

Almost?

Almost is a miss. A miss is as good as a mile. There is NO Pte company that can guarantee you PR. If you pay them 3-4K just stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye. Or at least kiss your money goodbye as it ain't gonna happen. especially if you've only been here a year.

When they aren't successful, they'll have a song and dance to explain the timing wasn't right, and they will have to appeal. and appeal, and appeal, ad naseum. You won't get a refund but they will occasionally resubmit your details (which you can do for free with just as much chance of success) and tell you they are working on it, yadda, yadda, yadda.....
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 8:47 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote: Almost?

Almost is a miss. A miss is as good as a mile. There is NO Pte company that can guarantee you PR. If you pay them 3-4K just stick your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye. Or at least kiss your money goodbye as it ain't gonna happen. especially if you've only been here a year.
I just finished arguing with somebody who insisted a-la Australian style, there are immigration lawyers here .. when I reminded the gent that Singapore is NOT AUSTRALIA, and things are not the same, he insisted that Lawyers can fix things ..

not gonna get into what happened, but I just let him win and walked out .. when he kept insisting, that, like Australia, he is going to pay a lawyer here .. oh, this gent is not even in Singapore ..

And I only had to say "Good on him .. his money .. " :D :D

AH, SMS, you are bluffing: there is cost involved in PR : the application fee- 60 $ ? Which, with overheads, becomes 3,000 $ :D like a guy who was offering EPEC applications for 1,500 $

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 9:09 pm

compared to 3 or 4K it's nothing.

They could string him along for 25 years filing 2x a year x $60 bucks a whack. And all they would have to do is take 5 minutes to put the information back into another online application. Like I said, it's nothing.

In fact, let them mark it up 100% for a big profit margin, 2x a year will still stretch out to 12.5 years. That's a pretty good hourly rate in anybody's books, $720/hour! And the poor sod paying for it, will be none the wiser, as there isn't anything an immigration lawyer or anybody else can do. In fact, ICA just HATES Immigration lawyers and it's the fastest way to get rejected (I can attest to that personally). I was also told the same thing by the ICA officer who eventually gave me my PR years ago.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ksl
Governor
Governor

Post by ksl » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 9:14 pm

cbourlard wrote:Hi,

Another fool and his money soon parted :) You can actually get PR if you have enough money around $8 to 10 million i think it is.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 10:28 pm

ecureilx wrote:AH, SMS, you are bluffing: there is cost involved in PR : the application fee- 60 $ ? Which, with overheads, becomes 3,000 $ :D like a guy who was offering EPEC applications for 1,500 $
That's new. I don't remember paying a fee when I applied for PR two years ago. Got rejected, of course, but that's not the point...
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

morenangpinay
Reporter
Reporter

Post by morenangpinay » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 2:34 pm

if you have 2.5 million to invest you can apply for the GIP but even that isnt guaranteed...the officers will still tell you they cant guarantee an approval but theyll give you tips .

my advice is there is no need for you to get a consultant for applying for a PR..the application process is not so hard..unless you are one of those who don't know how to fill out a form.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 3:38 pm

morenangpinay wrote: my advice is there is no need for you to get a consultant for applying for a PR..the application process is not so hard..unless you are one of those who don't know how to fill out a form.

Aaahhhhh! FT from the subcontinent with a masters, yeah? :lol:

intellectualsmuse
Chatter
Chatter

Post by intellectualsmuse » Sat, 03 Sep 2011 7:53 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
morenangpinay wrote: my advice is there is no need for you to get a consultant for applying for a PR..the application process is not so hard..unless you are one of those who don't know how to fill out a form.

Aaahhhhh! FT from the subcontinent with a masters, yeah? :lol:
That would be me :-( (But I think I'd do okay on the forms) Also, all FTs would have filled in a form to apply for their EPs before they got down to applying for PR... :roll: But yes, some FTs may suffer from amnesia, in which case...

@OP: No one can guarantee that you will get a PR and any agency that claims to do this is simply running a scam.
For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the sheltered will never know.