Singapore Expats Forum

New PR application, please advise

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
ahdahboo

New PR application, please advise

Postby ahdahboo » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 1:55 pm

Hi all, my first post here, hope I don't offend anyone

I submitted my PR apps in July 2011, of course it is still pending. I'm just very anxious with my mom screaming over the phone "YOU'RE NOT GETTING IT" associated with background depressing stats. From being anxious I'm close to depressed now

I just need some advice whether I have any chance to get PR or not, your help is much appreciated! I know you guys don't work magic but I think there are very helpful and experienced forumers whom I can rely on (been following the forum for quite some time)

Here's my info:
1. Studied from 2007 to 2009 in Singapore
2. Worked from 2009 to present
3. Been staying in Singapore ever since, never exited the country more than 1 month
4. Currently holding S Pass (Previously Q1 under another employer but downgraded to S because of a mix-up on my HR)
5. Proposed the intention to get married with a local to ICA during application

Thanks a lot!

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:02 pm

Don't hold your breath. There are people with more impressive backgrounds that have been rejected. You'll have to bear your mom's nagging indefinitely for now. On the bright side, you haven't been outright rejected. But again, don't hold your breath.

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:13 pm

nakatago wrote:Don't hold your breath. There are people with more impressive backgrounds that have been rejected. You'll have to bear your mom's nagging indefinitely for now. On the bright side, you haven't been outright rejected. But again, don't hold your breath.

Sigh, I don't have high hopes for this but if I am rejected me and my bf will have to resort to migrating to Canada... We want to settle down here because he is a Singaporean, but if the country doesn't want me there's no point staying. We postponed our marriage just because of this

Sorry, I forgot to thank you. Any word of encouragement means a lot to me now (Not just nahnahnanahanahah over the phone by my mom haha)

Good day to you

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:50 pm

One or two months is an extremely short period of time.

Beyond waiting time and qualifications, the other thing that will make a difference is your race.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: New PR application, please advise

Postby ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:56 pm

ahdahboo wrote:
Thanks a lot!

Where exactly would you be from ?? And .. if you are marrying a Singaporean (or finding a Singaporean to marry) he will know what to do, in case you hit obstacles .. :D :D

On the bright side, if it takes longer, generally (or so the word goes) the chances improve ..

Though I know somebody who got rejected after 12 whole months ..

chandra19998

Postby chandra19998 » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:39 pm

[quote="ahdahboo"][quote="nakatago"]Don't hold your breath. There are people with more impressive backgrounds that have been rejected. You'll have to bear your mom's nagging indefinitely for now. On the bright side, you haven't been outright rejected. But again, don't hold your breath.[/quote]

Sigh, I don't have high hopes for this but if I am rejected me and my bf will have to resort to migrating to Canada... We want to settle down here because he is a Singaporean, but if the country doesn't want me there's no point staying. We postponed our marriage just because of this

Sorry, I forgot to thank you. Any word of encouragement means a lot to me now (Not just nahnahnanahanahah over the phone by my mom haha)

Good day to you[/quote]

Canada is thousands time more difficult to get PR and the wait is years and years even if you are eligible, that's what I heard, nowhere else is more easy to get PR than Singapore, well maybe in the past 2 years. I guess the only hope for people from poor countries like us is to stay happy wherever we are and pray for a better tomorrow

ahdahboo

Postby ahdahboo » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 8:09 pm

chandra19998 wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:
nakatago wrote:Don't hold your breath. There are people with more impressive backgrounds that have been rejected. You'll have to bear your mom's nagging indefinitely for now. On the bright side, you haven't been outright rejected. But again, don't hold your breath.

Good day to you

Canada is thousands time more difficult to get PR and the wait is years and years even if you are eligible, that's what I heard, nowhere else is more easy to get PR than Singapore, well maybe in the past 2 years. I guess the only hope for people from poor countries like us is to stay happy wherever we are and pray for a better tomorrow

My bf is holding Canada PR, has a house there. Obviously it is easier to migrate but his parents are here and he truly wanna be near them. Migrating is our last resort. I don't wanna go too far from my parents either

chandra19998

Postby chandra19998 » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 4:54 pm

ahdahboo wrote:
chandra19998 wrote:
ahdahboo wrote:

Good day to you

My bf is holding Canada PR, has a house there. Obviously it is easier to migrate but his parents are here and he truly wanna be near them. Migrating is our last resort. I don't wanna go too far from my parents either

Please check if he has already lost his PR in Canada as Canada do not allow PR to live out of the country for more than 2 years to retain the status, when he come back to Canada, he will be denied entry and send back to Singapore on the next flight at his own cost, this has been happening very frequently nowadays, especially for Singaporean and Hong Kie