Singapore Expats Forum

Rugby World Cup - where is best to watch England matches?

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
RDD

Rugby World Cup - where is best to watch England matches?

Postby RDD » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 9:50 am

I'm new in Singapore so not sure where the best spot to watch the England RWC games will be when the tournament kicks off in a few days. Does anyone know where the English Rugby fans will go to watch matches?

Thanks!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:41 pm

Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Chijmes etc. They all have big screens and I would have thought will be showing the matches, on at least one of the screens, if they doesn't clash with the football.....

RDD

Postby RDD » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 1:51 pm

Thanks, Billy B, but I was really looking for names of specific bars for England fans.

There was a interesting article on expatliving.sg about generally watching the RWC if anyone else is interested:

http://www.expatliving.sg/article/body- ... ugust-2011

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Postby BillyB » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 3:44 pm

RDD wrote:Thanks, Billy B, but I was really looking for names of specific bars for England fans.

There was a interesting article on expatliving.sg about generally watching the RWC if anyone else is interested:

http://www.expatliving.sg/article/body- ... ugust-2011

Looks like you've find a few other options!! I don't think there are many 'England' bars per se. You'll usually find quite a mix of different supporters in most of the bars above and also the ones in the article.

There isn't the same sort of intense rivalry/hatred towards other teams as there is back home, so it's quite amicable when watching sport on TV in a bar etc, and usually you'll get a bit of banter flying round.

RDD

Postby RDD » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 3:54 pm

Your're right! Rugby fans don't tend to get as annoyingly patriotic as football fans. It should be a good atmosphere anywhere we go. I also plan on supporting the Welsh, Scots and Irish too. And the Aussies and the Kiwis. And maybe Japan too. It's going to be a busy few weeks!

woofie74

Rugby

Postby woofie74 » Sun, 11 Sep 2011 3:27 pm

For neutral will be good to head to boulevard at millenia walk or red dot museum ... lots of executive heading there after work to watch..... great atmosphere and loud commentary unlike other places....

liteScribble

Postby liteScribble » Thu, 13 Oct 2011 5:08 pm

anyone watch the game this sunday???

if so where?

All blacks fan here!