Singapore Expats Forum

PR for husband (Rejected three times) - Kindly advise.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Lostinthedark

PR for husband (Rejected three times) - Kindly advise.

Postby Lostinthedark » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 4:39 pm

Good day, everyone.
I am hoping if anyone can advise on the following situation.
Million thanks in advance.

I am a 28years old SPR (since 2007). I have been working here from 2007 till now, have a degree, and currently drawing 3K salary per month plus bonuses. I am married to my husband on 2010. My husband has been working here since 2007 till now under S pass, 32 years old, holds a certificate but related working experiences of 10years. Over these 4-5 years, he has been promoted twice and some increment (few hundreds buck only). Currently, he is doing part time diploma. Not to be racist, but merely stating all information; I am an Indonesian Chinese but my husband is Filipino.

My husband applied for PR on 2009 under professional worker scheme and it got rejected, ICA advised to apply in 2years time. And, since we have plan to have our wedding on 2010 (we have been dating for 10years), we carried out with the wedding. And, then we applied PR again for him under me (under SPR spouse scheme). Rejected again without any advise on time frame of when to reapply. We again applied this year and after 3mths, it got rejected and no advise on when to reapply.

I understand there is a current dissatisfaction issue with foreigners and all that. I know it might seems that I am trying to justify myself, but we are not here just for earning money and leave when there is better opportunity type of foreigners. We really love it here and we want to stay here permanently. In fact, I wanted to apply for citizen but due to my not so satisfactory pay, they asked me to come back two years time. When we don't tell people about our nationalities, they always thought we are local. We have really integrate well.We have a lot of Singaporean friends. We love the culture, we can speak English well, Chinese, Dialects, Malay. We never commit a crime.

And, my desperation here, is I don't want to leave Singapore, I have my family, friends, everything here. I love the people, the place, everything. We are planning to build family as we love kids so much and we are not getting any younger but I don't feel comfortable having kids while my husband in renewing pass every other year.

Can anyone please kindly advise:
1. Should I go for appeal?
2. Will MP letter, if I can get it, help? Any idea how?
3. 3times rejection, does it mean we should be "aware" that we are not wanted here? Or should I don't lose faith and keep on applying?
4. If says, his S pass, by end of this year, is not renewable? Any advise for us on how we can stay together in Spore? Dependant pass is out of question as it meant for EP holder only.

Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Loss

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 9:08 pm

1. Should I go for appeal? NO, YOU HAVE NOT BEEN MARRIED LONG ENOUGH TO JUSTIFY HIM GETTING PR Under your marriage.

2. Will MP letter, if I can get it, help? Any idea how? NO IT WILL NOT HELP, it will be like a thorn in their side!

3. 3times rejection, does it mean we should be "aware" that we are not wanted here? Or should I don't lose faith and keep on applying? DON@T LOSE FAITH JUST YET WAIT AND SEE IF THEY RENEW HIS 'S' PASS.

4. If says, his S pass, by end of this year, is not renewable? Any advise for us on how we can stay together in Singapore? Dependant pass is out of question as it meant for EP holder only. YOU SHOULD APPLY FOR THE LONG TERM VISITORS PASS FOR HIM if is 'S' PASS IS REJECTED, AS YOUR INCOME OF 3K SHOULD BE ENOUGH TO SUPPORT HIM. IF HE FINDS WORK HE WILL HAVE TO APPLY FOR NEW WORK PASS.

KEEP FAITH HANG IN THERE until you have been married 2 years and try again, explain in the application you are wishing to start a family here in Singapore and plan your long term future, and hope the reply will be positive. Also try to prove your 10 year relationship with documents if possible, otherwise don't bother as many people have tried the sob story.

Just hang in, you are not on your own, but save your money hard the next couple of years in case you have to make alternative plans.

Lostinthedark

Postby Lostinthedark » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 9:25 pm

Thank you very much, KSL.
I feel much better after read your reply. It gave me some sense of direction.

chandra19998

Re: PR for husband (Rejected three times) - Kindly advise.

Postby chandra19998 » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:35 pm

Lostinthedark wrote:Good day, everyone.
I am hoping if anyone can advise on the following situation.
Million thanks in advance.

I am a 28years old SPR (since 2007). I have been working here from 2007 till now, have a degree, and currently drawing 3K salary per month plus bonuses. I am married to my husband on 2010. My husband has been working here since 2007 till now under S pass, 32 years old, holds a certificate but related working experiences of 10years. Over these 4-5 years, he has been promoted twice and some increment (few hundreds buck only). Currently, he is doing part time diploma. Not to be racist, but merely stating all information; I am an Indonesian Chinese but my husband is Filipino.

My husband applied for PR on 2009 under professional worker scheme and it got rejected, ICA advised to apply in 2years time. And, since we have plan to have our wedding on 2010 (we have been dating for 10years), we carried out with the wedding. And, then we applied PR again for him under me (under SPR spouse scheme). Rejected again without any advise on time frame of when to reapply. We again applied this year and after 3mths, it got rejected and no advise on when to reapply.

I understand there is a current dissatisfaction issue with foreigners and all that. I know it might seems that I am trying to justify myself, but we are not here just for earning money and leave when there is better opportunity type of foreigners. We really love it here and we want to stay here permanently. In fact, I wanted to apply for citizen but due to my not so satisfactory pay, they asked me to come back two years time. When we don't tell people about our nationalities, they always thought we are local. We have really integrate well.We have a lot of Singaporean friends. We love the culture, we can speak English well, Chinese, Dialects, Malay. We never commit a crime.

And, my desperation here, is I don't want to leave Singapore, I have my family, friends, everything here. I love the people, the place, everything. We are planning to build family as we love kids so much and we are not getting any younger but I don't feel comfortable having kids while my husband in renewing pass every other year.

Can anyone please kindly advise:
1. Should I go for appeal?
2. Will MP letter, if I can get it, help? Any idea how?
3. 3times rejection, does it mean we should be "aware" that we are not wanted here? Or should I don't lose faith and keep on applying?
4. If says, his S pass, by end of this year, is not renewable? Any advise for us on how we can stay together in Singapore? Dependant pass is out of question as it meant for EP holder only.

Thank you very much for your help. It is greatly appreciated.

Loss

It seems you got PR too easily last time, they have been so laxed in the past but now they made a U TURN, it seems like they do not want Fillipino, Indonesian, Burmese etc any more since there are more than enough of these foreigners here due to their too easy PR approval in the past

depreciation

Postby depreciation » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 12:49 pm

^
i know i'm not speaking for the whole indonesians here.. but I finally got my PR last week.

1. I did not even realise that I apply for PR until last June 2011, I applied for LPR on Jan 2010, got a job in Singapore on Dec 2010, during this time I did not know that the LPR application is automatically converted into PR application until. . .

2. I got the letter on ICA someday during Jun 2011 stating that my PR application is still reviewed.

3. Last week of August 2011 I got my PR.

4. My salary is relatively low compared to others, just barely pass the minimum EP requirement.

Sorry for being off topic, point is: you never now what the Govt is thinking, there is always an X-factor that might cause your application fall through no matter how qualified you are. On the other hand, there is always a chance (maybe 0.000000001%) that your application will be accepted eventhough majority will see that you don't have much to offer to Singapore (like my case, I call it dumb luck though :lol: )

chandra19998

Postby chandra19998 » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 2:26 pm

depreciation wrote:^
i know i'm not speaking for the whole indonesians here.. but I finally got my PR last week.

1. I did not even realise that I apply for PR until last June 2011, I applied for LPR on Jan 2010, got a job in Singapore on Dec 2010, during this time I did not know that the LPR application is automatically converted into PR application until. . .

2. I got the letter on ICA someday during Jun 2011 stating that my PR application is still reviewed.

3. Last week of August 2011 I got my PR.

4. My salary is relatively low compared to others, just barely pass the minimum EP requirement.

Sorry for being off topic, point is: you never now what the Govt is thinking, there is always an X-factor that might cause your application fall through no matter how qualified you are. On the other hand, there is always a chance (maybe 0.000000001%) that your application will be accepted eventhough majority will see that you don't have much to offer to Singapore (like my case, I call it dumb luck though :lol: )

On the forum, one can say whatever, but in reality, it may be not so rosy.. After my rejection i have reached out to all the contacts i have here of people applying for PR to have a feel of the situation, not a single one without NS has ever been approved since last year june, no matter how high the salary, how good the qualification is, the only one that got approved is one that stay here for 18 years and just completed NS. There is a 99% you are a liar though, nobody will know

depreciation

Postby depreciation » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 3:40 pm

fair enough :wink:

ksl
Governor
Governor

Postby ksl » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 8:38 pm

Of course it's not rosy, but if you are going to keep reminding ICA by sending in applications, or getting MP's you will be flagged has a pain in the backside....and a rejection is almost guaranteed.

chandra19998
Is your spouse a PR? Probably not! and I do know that some Indonesians are still making the grade here, I'm a Brit by the way. You would have much better chance keeping quite at this time, as they wittle away at the pass holders. Those complaining will no doubt be put into file 13 if they get on the nerves of those having to do the work of finding people to reject.

There are almost 900,000 FT here, so you may not win the lotto, but guaranteed to win a ticket home if you start reminding ICA that your PR is rejected, it's rejected for a reason good or bad.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Thu, 01 Sep 2011 11:32 pm

Hey Chandra, did you intend to call 'depreciation' a (99% probable) liar? If so, I think that was a bit uncalled for.
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 6:45 am

Chandra must have a masters. That shows he has a total lack of common sense. I think it was a bit uncalled for as well. Especially, seeing the collective wisdom of this board probably has more knowledge about this than his sorry butt every will have.

Lostinthedark

Postby Lostinthedark » Fri, 02 Sep 2011 4:42 pm

Hi there!

I am getting a bit confused.
Do you mean that I should stop applying because it will annoy ICA?
Or keep applying?

Thanks a lot for advice!

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Postby Mi Amigo » Sat, 03 Sep 2011 12:59 am

KSL's advice above looks sound to me - hold off applying for a while and then you'll have different (hopefully better) credentials, rather than appealing under the same conditions. But of course only you and your husband can make the final decision. As we've seen, appeals do sometimes work, so it's a risk trade-off call you'll have to make.

Good luck
Be careful what you wish for

Lostinthedark

Postby Lostinthedark » Wed, 07 Sep 2011 9:35 pm

Thanks for all the great feedback!

After the last application which was rejected, he got a pay increase, not much, few hundreds bucks increment, does it worth a new try? as it is a new credential?

Lostinthedark

Postby Lostinthedark » Wed, 07 Sep 2011 9:39 pm

Chandra,

Your rejection does not give u a right to insult or belittle what others have.
It might be "too easy" for me to get last time or maybe other reason, I don't know. But, at least, when I apply, I apply with the real intention to stay and contribute. To have kids that will grow up be the next generation of Singaporean. And, although we face few rejections, we still love the country and we won't stoop so low to go around and saying all the "bad things" just because others have what we do not.

Please just don't post anything, if you can be constructive.

Thanks a lot.

Lostinthedark

Postby Lostinthedark » Wed, 07 Sep 2011 9:42 pm

I mean, if you CANNOT post anything constructive