Singapore Expats

Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Post Reply
Kanecha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 3:24 am
Location: London

Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Post by Kanecha » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 3:41 am

Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the UK - my current Tier 1 is valid till March 2012. I am applying for an ILR later this month and also trying to relocate to Singapore irrespective of the outcome. I have 2 questions -

1. I have 3 speeding tickets in the UK - will this have any bearing on my Employment Pass / PR in Singapore.

2. In case my ILR (UK PR) is refused - will this impact my migration to Singapore?

Thanks
Kanecha
Ask yourself - Who Am I?

User avatar
JR8
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 16522
Joined: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:43 pm
Location: K. Puki Manis

Post by JR8 » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 5:27 am

Have you thought of applying for Canada or Australia citizenship as well. You know, just as a safety net?

revhappy
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1068
Joined: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 9:16 pm

Re: Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Post by revhappy » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:00 am

Kanecha wrote: 1. I have 3 speeding tickets in the UK - will this have any bearing on my Employment Pass / PR in Singapore.
The only very very remote impact it may have is with your driving license may not be converted to a Singaporean.

I agree with JR8 though, if you have to relocate to Singapore regardless of your UK PR outcome why waste sombody else's chance of getting a UK PR:x

User avatar
nakatago
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8363
Joined: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:23 pm
Location: Sister Margaret’s School for Wayward Children

Post by nakatago » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 10:06 am

Yes, why not go for Canada, New Zealand, and Australia as well to be on the safe side!

:roll:

THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40437
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 11:36 am

Hopefully, ALL will reject.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Kanecha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 3:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kanecha » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks All for your responses!

Do you mean to say I can apply to these countries for a PR based on my 5 year residence in the UK?

Anyway, my main reason (which I should have mentioned earlier!) for Singapore is that my wife is a Singapore citizen and works there as a pre school teacher.

Regards,
Kanecha
Ask yourself - Who Am I?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Re: Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 4:48 pm

Kanecha wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the UK - my current Tier 1 is valid till March 2012. I am applying for an ILR later this month and also trying to relocate to Singapore irrespective of the outcome. I have 2 questions -

1. I have 3 speeding tickets in the UK - will this have any bearing on my Employment Pass / PR in Singapore.

2. In case my ILR (UK PR) is refused - will this impact my migration to Singapore?

Thanks
Kanecha
A curious question .. how do one relocate to Singapore ?? Pick the bags and arrive and become a resident ?? :???: :???:

If you are going to apply for PR, you need to declare 'criminal records' not speeding tickets .. unless you were too fast that your speed was considered criminal :D :D

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11667
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 4:57 pm

Kanecha wrote:Thanks All for your responses!

Do you mean to say I can apply to these countries for a PR based on my 5 year residence in the UK?

Anyway, my main reason (which I should have mentioned earlier!) for Singapore is that my wife is a Singapore citizen and works there as a pre school teacher.

Regards,
Kanecha
No. What they are saying is that they don't like people like you who abuse PR and EP's by trying to collect multiple passes from different countries.

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 30 Aug 2011 7:09 pm

Strong Eagle wrote:
No. What they are saying is that they don't like people like you who abuse PR and EP's by trying to collect multiple passes from different countries.
+1

PR is for people to contribute to the country .. (not like the report I read that 90% of new residents in UK stop their chosen profession and decide to take a long term break, like doctors suddenly becoming call center agents, to kill time .. and IT grads working in grocery shop .. et al . )

User avatar
ksl
Governor
Governor
Posts: 5989
Joined: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 8:52 pm
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Post by ksl » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 1:07 am

Kanecha wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the UK - my current Tier 1 is valid till March 2012. I am applying for an ILR later this month and also trying to relocate to Singapore irrespective of the outcome. I have 2 questions -

1. I have 3 speeding tickets in the UK - will this have any bearing on my Employment Pass / PR in Singapore.

2. In case my ILR (UK PR) is refused - will this impact my migration to Singapore?

Thanks
Kanecha
The worst that can happen is that you relocate to Singapore, the UK gets rid of you and Singapore refuses you PR even though you maybe married to a Singaporean. Your other half would have to be earning the minimum wage criteria in Singapore, even for you to be allowed to join her on a long term visitors pass.!

My guess is that if you are working in UK, you maybe better off hanging on to your job for a while, if you do not qualify for an employment pass in your own right. I would think you are financially better off in UK, than you would be in Singapore, unless you have a very good degree with lots of experience.

The global culture change we are apparently seeing according to some statistics, is that it doesn't matter where in the world you end up, so all the permanent residence hostility is like the wind blowing with no affect :lol: 3rd world war maybe a more appropriate concern with dwindling fertility rates in almost every Country but those against using contraceptives :roll: who appear to be stepping up the Luuuuve :-| 10 Fold :shock:

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Re: Indian Relocating from UK with Speeding tickets

Post by BillyB » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 12:38 pm

Kanecha wrote:Hi,

I am an Indian passport holder currently residing in the UK - my current Tier 1 is valid till March 2012. I am applying for an ILR later this month and also trying to relocate to Singapore irrespective of the outcome. I have 2 questions -

1. I have 3 speeding tickets in the UK - will this have any bearing on my Employment Pass / PR in Singapore.

2. In case my ILR (UK PR) is refused - will this impact my migration to Singapore?

Thanks
Kanecha
I have a solution...................................................................................................................................................................pay your speeding tickets and then you don't need to stress about question 1!!

Kanecha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 3:24 am
Location: London

Post by Kanecha » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:39 pm

Thanks guys for your 'heart warming' responses! I was dumb enough to think that JR8 was genuinely advising :?

Well the original intention for me & my wife was to settle in the UK. But then my wife had issues with UK immigration and could enter UK only after I became a PR here. So we waited for 2 years and also appealed the refusal in the meanwhile. The UK regulations changed in April this year making it difficult for me to settle because of my traffic offences. I was totally confused as I have an established career here.

I have now asked my employer for a relocation to Singapore. The plan was to return to UK (as a returning resident) if my application for PR here is successful (against all odds) after spending a couple of years in Singapore. If not, apply for a PR in Singapore. So that we can start a family life at least now - two years after our wedding!

Still feel I'm stepping on someone else's PR chances? Can't help! :o

(btw I've paid my speeding tickets - but under UK laws they don't become spent until after 5 years - till when you will have issues with your settlement application)
Ask yourself - Who Am I?

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:51 pm

I though JR8 was advising you until you start to flail ..
Kanecha wrote: I have now asked my employer for a relocation to Singapore. The plan was to return to UK (as a returning resident) if my application for PR here is successful (against all odds) after spending a couple of years in Singapore. If not, apply for a PR in Singapore. So that we can start a family life at least now - two years after our wedding!

Still feel I'm stepping on someone else's PR chances? Can't help! :o
yes, can't help it .. still you are hurting other people's chance .. in which case, you already have decided to do it .. and as from what I see, Singapore is a stepping stone for you to get back into UK .. so .. good on you ..
(btw I've paid my speeding tickets - but under UK laws they don't become spent until after 5 years - till when you will have issues with your settlement application)
What makes you think Singapore has a counter that says "pay here, and collect the PR in the next counter ?? "

Singapore too does conduct background checks, and any criminal records / police record has to be disclosed ..


PS: maybe you want answers to be sugar coated and to your liking ?? :D :D Sorry, if that didn't come out right ..

User avatar
ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal
Posts: 9817
Joined: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 5:18 pm

JR8 ??

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:53 pm

Kanecha: is this the same JR8 you are talking of ??? :D :D

http://forum.singaporeexpats.com/ftopic ... highlight=

User avatar
BillyB
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:01 pm
Location: My laptop

Post by BillyB » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 2:59 pm

Kanecha wrote:Thanks guys for your 'heart warming' responses! I was dumb enough to think that JR8 was genuinely advising :?

Well the original intention for me & my wife was to settle in the UK. But then my wife had issues with UK immigration and could enter UK only after I became a PR here. So we waited for 2 years and also appealed the refusal in the meanwhile. The UK regulations changed in April this year making it difficult for me to settle because of my traffic offences. I was totally confused as I have an established career here.

I have now asked my employer for a relocation to Singapore. The plan was to return to UK (as a returning resident) if my application for PR here is successful (against all odds) after spending a couple of years in Singapore. If not, apply for a PR in Singapore. So that we can start a family life at least now - two years after our wedding!

Still feel I'm stepping on someone else's PR chances? Can't help! :o

(btw I've paid my speeding tickets - but under UK laws they don't become spent until after 5 years - till when you will have issues with your settlement application)
Sorry, my bad! They aren't a criminal conviction and if you didn't lose your license, because of points totting up, you should have no problems entering and driving in Singapore.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Relocating, Moving to Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests