Singapore Expats Forum

Anyone cycling in west area?

Events and gatherings for the 30's Club
avocadoQ

Anyone cycling in west area?

Postby avocadoQ » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:35 pm

Moved here almost a year. Due to no bike lane in Singapore, I never thought of ride. But I recently put my bike together again and get excited to think about ride again somehow, maybe from park to park...? I am not a serious rider. Can ride 2-3 hours. Anyone ride in west area? Would love to join and have partners to ride around!
Everything will be fine.

nakatago

Re: Anyone cycling in west area?

Postby nakatago » Sun, 28 Aug 2011 11:42 pm

avocadoQ wrote:Moved here almost a year. Due to no bike lane in Singapore, I never thought of ride. But I recently put my bike together again and get excited to think about ride again somehow, maybe from park to park...? I am not a serious rider. Can ride 2-3 hours. Anyone ride in west area? Would love to join and have partners to ride around!

Search for "Park Connector Network." Some of the paths there lead you to some pretty interesting places, enough not to get you bored or run over by the now-famous Singapore drivers.

I used to do Ghim Moh/Tiong Bahru to Bukit Batok until the heat finally gets to me and just decide to go back home. Not a serious rider too but I just want to get some exercise (I'm getting exercise differently now).