Attention all people who like to cook!! :D

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Attention all people who like to cook!! :D

Postby QueenMinnie » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 5:15 pm

Hey everyone!

I'm 25/f/married/Australian, I live on the East Coast, and I've been in Singapore since January. I'm a SAHW, I love to cook, and I'm looking for other fellow Recipe Followers to catch up for afternoon tea or lunch, making biscuits/cakes, etc. If you're interested, pm me!

Cheers, Minnie

francesca90

Postby francesca90 » Wed, 31 Aug 2011 1:10 am

Hi Minnie!

I'm from the UK and also live on the East Coast. Haven't been here for that long so I'm still trying to get used to the place but I love it so far. I love cooking and getting together over some afternoon tea sounds great. My email is chesca_kosh@hotmail.co.uk, or if you have facebook, I'm listed as Francesca Kosh. Hope you're well :)

Francesca x

ahdahboo

Re: Attention all people who like to cook!! :D

Postby ahdahboo » Tue, 13 Sep 2011 1:03 pm

QueenMinnie wrote:Hey everyone!

I'm 25/f/married/Australian, I live on the East Coast, and I've been in Singapore since January. I'm a SAHW, I love to cook, and I'm looking for other fellow Recipe Followers to catch up for afternoon tea or lunch, making biscuits/cakes, etc. If you're interested, pm me!

Cheers, Minnie

Hi Minnie,

I'm 23/f/Japanese-Vietnamese (mixed), I know Japanese and Vietnamese recipes, are you keen? I'd love to learn how to bake cakes too since I'll be marrying my long term bf next month, hope I can cook him good food :p I may not be a very good cook but I can cook a few dishes pretty well

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Re: Attention all people who like to cook!! :D

Postby QueenMinnie » Fri, 16 Sep 2011 2:33 pm

ahdahboo wrote:
QueenMinnie wrote:Hey everyone!

Cheers, Minnie

Hi Minnie,

I'm 23/f/Japanese-Vietnamese (mixed), I know Japanese and Vietnamese recipes, are you keen? I'd love to learn how to bake cakes too since I'll be marrying my long term bf next month, hope I can cook him good food :p I may not be a very good cook but I can cook a few dishes pretty well

Hey there! Firstly, congratulations on your impending nuptials! I'm a newlywed myself. Hope all the wedding plans haven't been stressing you out too much :-D! Sounds like we could do a recipe swap lol. My hubby and I went to Vietnam in May for our honeymoon, we loved the food and have had it at least once a fortnight. I haven't had a heap of Japanese food, but I love teriyaki and I'm a big fan of tempura, gyoza and yakitori! Maybe we can catch up for a coffee sometime soon, let me know! My email is queenminniekh2@hotmail.com

Black_sheep11

Postby Black_sheep11 » Sat, 17 Sep 2011 2:07 pm

Oh do I love to cook!!!!!

This sounds like an excellent idea!! my name is Yuko and I'm a 25F, NZ bred Japanese. I absolutely adore any kind of cooking but cooking for just myself has been tad depressing. I used to work at a restaurant professionally, and have some recipes I can share from back then :) (and I won't mention whether pavlova is nz or aus :p) Also I can do asian meals like dumplings where everyone can make together!

I live in Sembawang so I can only do weekend or Friday nights, but please do keep me up to date with plans!

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Sun, 18 Sep 2011 6:21 pm

Black_sheep11 wrote:Oh do I love to cook!!!!!

This sounds like an excellent idea!! my name is Yuko and I'm a 25F, NZ bred Japanese. I absolutely adore any kind of cooking but cooking for just myself has been tad depressing. I used to work at a restaurant professionally, and have some recipes I can share from back then :) (and I won't mention whether pavlova is nz or aus :p) Also I can do asian meals like dumplings where everyone can make together!

I live in Sembawang so I can only do weekend or Friday nights, but please do keep me up to date with plans!

Hey BlackSheep!

Nothing has been planned at all yet. I'd love to start a cooking club or something like that, or even just to get coffee mates. How about we catch up for coffee one day soon? Just give me an email, I wrote it in a previous post on here.

Cheers, Minnie

apple&dog

Postby apple&dog » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:54 am

Hey Everyone,

I just did a salmon last week, it was amazing.

The skin of the salmon is crispy. the salmon is nicely done. served with rice. Fabulous.

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 1:29 am

apple&dog wrote:Hey Everyone,

I just did a salmon last week, it was amazing.

The skin of the salmon is crispy. the salmon is nicely done. served with rice. Fabulous.

Yummy! I love salmon! Grilled in some teriyaki or hoisin sauce is divine, the skin gets crispy and flavoured at the same time. Or smoked slices of salmon and freshly cooked peeled prawns with cream cheese, a squeeze of lemon, and lettuce on bruschetta toasts or a bagel.......mmmmmmmm!!!

ahdahboo

:D

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 10:25 am

I agree with the coffee idea. At least let's form a club and hit off with pot luck... I'm pretty talented in eating so no worries about leftovers lol

Minnie thy queen I have sent you an email :)

ahdahboo

Vietnamese restaurants

Postby ahdahboo » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 1:52 pm

Forgot to mention a very important thing, I kinda discover a gem Viet food spot. I can't wait to show you, uber good and cheap

Trust me, I'm cheap and picky so I only go for cheap and nice food LOLOL

Actually I donno if it's possible to form a club of food hunters, I have a long list myself :D

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Mon, 19 Sep 2011 5:31 pm

How about coffee Saturday morning around 10am at Raffles Place MRT? Theres a Coffee Club near there thats quite nice.

vivc

Postby vivc » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 3:54 pm

Hi! Please count me. I love to cook as well and would love to meet people who share the same passion. I'm kiwi asian, just moved to this lovely city a few weeks ago. Coffee this sat sounds like a fabulous idea!

Black_sheep11

Postby Black_sheep11 » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 9:06 pm

Minnie, I sent you a pm :)

Coffee sounds like a good idea for this sat, perhaps you should post a more precise meeting location in Raffles place mrt? I'm def looking forwards to it :)

QueenMinnie
Regular
Regular

Postby QueenMinnie » Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks for your emails girls. How about outside the barriers near the 7-11? I'll send everyone an email on Friday with details. If you haven't got my email, its written on a previous post.

Black_sheep11

Postby Black_sheep11 » Sat, 24 Sep 2011 11:29 pm

Hi everyone, I was just wondering what happened to the meet up today?? I was at raffles place waiting for someone to turned up but nobody did! did I miss the change of plan or something???