Singapore Expats Forum

is he eligible for applying for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
selinamei

is he eligible for applying for PR?

Postby selinamei » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 5:25 pm

Hi, it's my first time being here and posting questions, but i found it's an interesting place and many topics are very helping. My english is not so good, hopefully i can describe my situation clearly.

My husband is a PRC Chinese. He was given an offer early last year from a Singapore firm, works in China mainland, flys to Singapore from time to time to the headoffice, monthly salary is around SGD5,000.

My questions are, can he submit application for PR now? How likely he could get approved? Is it possible to include me and my son in the same application?

chandra19998

Postby chandra19998 » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 8:28 pm

Hi mei mei, my salary is 5K plus and I work in Singapore for over a year for a big bank and they reject it immediately when I apply for PR, your husband is not even in Singapore, chance is -100%, not sure if he can even get an EP to work that way

depreciation

Postby depreciation » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:34 pm

I don't think that he is eligible for PR, seeing that he's not even living in Singapore during his employment (rather, only fly back and forth between Singapore and China).

You said his salary is around SGD 5,000, does it mean he actually get paid in RMB by the subsidiary in China and you just convert it for comparison purpose?

I would assume that he does not have EP, so yeah, I think he's not eligible to apply for PR.

PS: feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 1:07 pm

If he has an Employment Pass in SG, he is eligible to apply. But the chances of approval would be very low if he is not staying in SG (working in SG).

selinamei

Postby selinamei » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 1:44 pm

depreciation wrote:I don't think that he is eligible for PR, seeing that he's not even living in Singapore during his employment (rather, only fly back and forth between Singapore and China).

You said his salary is around SGD 5,000, does it mean he actually get paid in RMB by the subsidiary in China and you just convert it for comparison purpose?

I would assume that he does not have EP, so yeah, I think he's not eligible to apply for PR.

Sorry if i did not write very clearly. His month salary is lower than 5000, but plus commission, bonus and allowance, it's around 5000, you know for a salesman, the monthly salary is not fixed.

singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor

Postby singaporeflyer » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 1:49 pm

selinamei wrote:
depreciation wrote:I don't think that he is eligible for PR, seeing that he's not even living in Singapore during his employment (rather, only fly back and forth between Singapore and China).

Sorry if i did not write very clearly. His month salary is lower than 5000, but plus commission, bonus and allowance, it's around 5000, you know for a salesman, the monthly salary is not fixed.

One the basic salary is considered as salary for PR. The commission and the bonus part would not be considered for the salary criteria.

selinamei

Postby selinamei » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:01 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
selinamei wrote:

One the basic salary is considered as salary for PR. The commission and the bonus part would not be considered for the salary criteria.

Say if his monthly salary is more than 5000, is he eligible? provided he still works in china mainland

depreciation

Postby depreciation » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:10 pm

^

Salary is not the only criteria ( I, for one, managed to secure PR with salary less than $3,000).

I believe the length of stay in Singapore also play a big part (at least during my time). Which is why I believe it would be very difficult for your husband to apply for PR without being in Singapore for a certain period.
Last edited by depreciation on Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:10 pm

Unless he is employed IN Singapore and has a Singapore Employment Pass of either S, Q, P2, P1 or PEP, then he probability will not be considered for PR, UNLESS you were/are a Singaporean. However, you have already asked about including yourself and your child, so I would say no. You have to have a couple of years of working in Singapore on an employment pass OR have family ties here.

selinamei

Postby selinamei » Fri, 26 Aug 2011 2:21 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Unless he is employed IN Singapore and has a Singapore Employment Pass of either S, Q, P2, P1 or PEP, then he probability will not be considered for PR, UNLESS you were/are a Singaporean. However, you have already asked about including yourself and your child, so I would say no. You have to have a couple of years of working in Singapore on an employment pass OR have family ties here.

He has EP, P2 I guess.

Sounds like i should persuade him quitting that job, cause he can earn more in local firm