Singapore Expats Forum

need help, ROM n status of my wife

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

need help, ROM n status of my wife

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 2:58 am

sorry im a bit freaking out now....

im PR, i will do my ROM in singapore,
my wife to be doesnt have any status at Singapore,
she will come here with visit pass then we will get married here....
the plan is after we get married, she will stay here with me....

what can i do, so that she can stay with me in singapore???
she never work here before.....

n i see from other topic that i need atleast 2.5k to apply LTVP for her...my salary way before that.....

my first thinking was very naive, i thought after ROM i can apply dependent pass for her....but then i got news that dependent pass only for Epass spouse

if i apply PR for here.....does it will work???
really need help....
:(
thx for advice n sorry for my bad english

User avatar
x9200
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 9301
Joined: Mon, 07 Sep 2009
Location: Singapore

Re: need help, ROM n status of my wife

Postby x9200 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 4:13 am

sh4rj5 wrote:sorry im a bit freaking out now....

im PR, i will do my ROM in singapore,
my wife to be doesnt have any status at Singapore,
she will come here with visit pass then we will get married here....
the plan is after we get married, she will stay here with me....

what can i do, so that she can stay with me in singapore???
she never work here before.....

1. find another job that will give you the required salary
2. ask somebody from your family (parents, siblings), if their income above 2500, to sponsor her LTSVP application.


n i see from other topic that i need atleast 2.5k to apply LTVP for her...my salary way before that.....

my first thinking was very naive, i thought after ROM i can apply dependent pass for her....but then i got news that dependent pass only for Epass spouse

if i apply PR for here.....does it will work???

No. She will not get PR.

really need help....
:(
thx for advice n sorry for my bad english

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 6:56 am

sorry mod, dont mean to make it messy....
a bit freaking out :(
so do a stupid thing :)
thx

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 7:06 am

You need to be able to prove that you can take care of her. In ICA's eyes, that means you need at least a salary of 2.8K/mo (up from 2.5K). Even then, you would only be able to get a Long Term Social Visit Pass for her. As you have already gotten married in Singapore (no problem). If she can find a job even on a Work Permit, This would allow her to stay here with you. As you two are already married, you don't need MOM's permission to marry.

If you haven't married yet, she shouldn't get a WP first as she will then need to get permission from MOM to marry. If she doesn't, you will never be allowed to bring her here as MOM is very vindictive that way.

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 7:50 am

@mod the other problem is, i dont think i can make it to find a job with that kind of salary within 2months :( im going to marry her in 2 months time n im the only 1 in my family that have PR, my family are in indonesia..... :???: really a big headcahe....
@ sunday so finding a job here is a better option...

why PR cant apply dependent pass for the spouse...i still feel a bit annoyed by this rules.....

whatif i apply for SC...would it be easier for her, in term to apply PR for her??

how bout if i apply short term visit pass....she can stay for 89 days right?? but after that she has to leave the country.... then when she can come to singapore again, any idea?????

thx for the info

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:03 am

Applying for Citizenship at the moment may well be a total waste of time. And it could takes many months to even find that out. Why PR cannot apply for DP. Because Singapore Immigration says so. It's their country and it's their right to make the rules as they see fit. It's also their right to change the rules at any time. That's just the way it is. You own country has some pretty strange rules as well don't they. I know, I worked there for 12 years.

You haven't indicated where you prospective bride is from. If she is from any Asean country, she will only be given a maximum 30 day visa. Then she will have to return to her country. She may be able to extend it once for 30 days, but after that she'll have to go back to her country. If she comes right back, she may or may not be granted entry into the country or she might be told not to return for upwards of 6 months to one year.

You might want to put off the marriage until you are able to support her properly. Or, plan on immigrating to her country if you two want to remain together. It's crappy, but that's the way it stands at the moment.

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 10:23 am

Thx for the advice sunday...
Forgot to mention she is indonesian also...
Its true, they set the rules we follow.. :)
Currunetly I'm now at ica...keep finger cross cos the say I can apply for long term visit...
Thx for the info...really appreciate it... I podted here bout the upcome

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:34 am

Hope they give you the LTVP. At least that's a start.

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 11:51 am

Just finished...
so basicly the officer said..
Go to ROM, get the COM(cert of marr)
Then apply for LTVP can get 6 months to 1 year...
But the officer said there is no min salary required...
I'm a bit relieved there...hopefully no changes for this few months

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 34789
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004
Location: Still Fishing!
Contact:

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:12 pm

It will be interesting to note....

Are both you and your wife Indonesian Chinese? I suspect so. :wink:

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:21 pm

Yes sunday, both of us are indonesian chinese...
Now I'm abit relieved...but still keep my finger cross till the day come....
When I need to go there to apply for LTVP...
if there any more update please inform...
thx for the advice sunday

Azzay11
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri, 15 Apr 2011
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Re: need help, ROM n status of my wife

Postby Azzay11 » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 6:35 am

x9200 wrote:
sh4rj5 wrote:sorry im a bit freaking out now....

im PR, i will do my ROM in singapore,
my wife to be doesnt have any status at Singapore,
she will come here with visit pass then we will get married here....
the plan is after we get married, she will stay here with me....

what can i do, so that she can stay with me in singapore???
she never work here before.....

1. find another job that will give you the required salary
2. ask somebody from your family (parents, siblings), if their income above 2500, to sponsor her LTSVP application.


n i see from other topic that i need atleast 2.5k to apply LTVP for her...my salary way before that.....

my first thinking was very naive, i thought after ROM i can apply dependent pass for her....but then i got news that dependent pass only for Epass spouse

if i apply PR for here.....does it will work???

No. She will not get PR.

really need help....
:(
thx for advice n sorry for my bad english


Dont meant to hijack thread but just curious;

2. ask somebody from your family (parents, siblings), if their income above 2500, to sponsor her LTSVP application.

Is cousins counted as family or need to live in the same house?

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 11:24 am

For family I think it should be blood related
Such as parents, siblings or by marriage ur wife...
But no to sure also for cousins..CMIIW

Another questions is for LTVP....
If u got LTVP for 1 year..
does within this 1 year u r able to in out singapore freely or once u got out from singapore u will forfeit the LTVP n u have to apply again for the LTVP..

I'm a bit confuse here
Thx for the info
Cheers

User avatar
singaporeflyer
Editor
Editor
Posts: 1431
Joined: Mon, 17 Aug 2009

Postby singaporeflyer » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 12:01 pm

sh4rj5 wrote:For family I think it should be blood related
Such as parents, siblings or by marriage ur wife...
But no to sure also for cousins..CMIIW

Another questions is for LTVP....
If u got LTVP for 1 year..
does within this 1 year u r able to in out singapore freely or once u got out from singapore u will forfeit the LTVP n u have to apply again for the LTVP..

I'm a bit confuse here
Thx for the info
Cheers


LTSVP is a long term multiple visit social entry pass for Singapore.

sh4rj5
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 24 Aug 2011

Postby sh4rj5 » Thu, 25 Aug 2011 3:55 pm

singaporeflyer wrote:
sh4rj5 wrote:For family I think it should be blood related
Such as parents, siblings or by marriage ur wife...
But no to sure also for cousins..CMIIW

Another questions is for LTVP....
If u got LTVP for 1 year..
does within this 1 year u r able to in out singapore freely or once u got out from singapore u will forfeit the LTVP n u have to apply again for the LTVP..

I'm a bit confuse here
Thx for the info
Cheers


LTSVP is a long term multiple visit social entry pass for Singapore.


So its mean...as long as she have a LTVP, she can stay @ singapore freely....
no more 30days tourist pass right??
Thx flyer


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “PR, Citizenship, Passes & Visas for Foreigners”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests