Singapore Expats Forum

PR Rejected - Working in Singapore Since 2008

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
maktuub

PR Rejected - Working in Singapore Since 2008

Postby maktuub » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:00 am

Hi,

My husband has been working in Singapore Since October 2008, earlier was on contract and later absorbed permanently by the company in March 2010.Since then he a permanent employee to this Big MNC and earning Higher than average income. He has paid all taxes regularly as GIRO. His Job profile is highly desired in the IT Industry. I joined him in Singapore after Marriage in December 2009. I am on DP and working as an Accountant since November 2010.
My husband is an BtechEngineer with experience of 6 years and I am BBA and PGDBA with 4 years experience in Finance.
We applied for PR in April 2011 thinking that My husband has been living now for more than 2 years in an MNC with a permanent job and I am also working then it might be approved.
We just recievd a letter from ICA that it rejected. They have not mentioned why and also not mentioned after how much time we should apply.

What should we do now? Should we wait? for how long? Should we appeal?
Kindly suggest.

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:04 am

Wait two years and then see how other people are doing before even thinking of applying. For more details, please search the other PR application threads here.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: PR Rejected - Working in Singapore Since 2008

Postby JR8 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:11 am

maktuub wrote:We just recievd a letter from ICA that it rejected. They have not mentioned why

It's because you're Indian.

and also not mentioned after how much time we should apply.

Apply for what? You've been rejected.

Kindly suggest.

Appeal what? That the governments decision making is faulty?

chandra19998

Postby chandra19998 » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:15 am

[quote="maktuub"]Hi,

My husband has been working in Singapore Since October 2008, earlier was on contract and later absorbed permanently by the company in March 2010.Since then he a permanent employee to this Big MNC and earning Higher than average income. He has paid all taxes regularly as GIRO. His Job profile is highly desired in the IT Industry. I joined him in Singapore after Marriage in December 2009. I am on DP and working as an Accountant since November 2010.
My husband is an BtechEngineer with experience of 6 years and I am BBA and PGDBA with 4 years experience in Finance.
We applied for PR in April 2011 thinking that My husband has been living now for more than 2 years in an MNC with a permanent job and I am also working then it might be approved.
We just recievd a letter from ICA that it rejected. They have not mentioned why and also not mentioned after how much time we should apply.

Kindly suggest.[/quote]

Don't be surprise, I am in the same boat as you too, working for one of the largest Bank in the world in IT, not from India, earn more than 5K and got a reject letter with 1 sentence letter only, appealed and rejected almost instantly, so you are not alone!

maktuub

Postby maktuub » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:17 am

Sorry , I meant to mention reapply..
Ok so i shouldn't reapply or appeal to reconsider.. and Because I am an Indian.. I am not entitled to get a PR status in Singapore.
Thats strange...

I have all faith in Singapore Government. So I don't have any doubt in their decision.. just that I dont find being an Indian a reason enough to reject my PR, there must be some better reason, otherwise why so many other Indian have got PR?

nakatago

Postby nakatago » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:21 am

maktuub wrote: there must be some better reason, otherwise why so many other Indian have got PR?

Because of them. Quotas.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:31 am

maktuub MUST have masters! :roll:

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:34 am

Show some additional growth in the career (getting promoted, salary rise), do some additional learning (additional degrees,certifications) and also give back to the singapore society(volunteering for local societies,charities) and after all this try after 2 years. You may have a chance. Another important thing is to continue all this even after you get your PR.

maktuub

Postby maktuub » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:45 am

Actually, I am not surprised to be rejected, I am just wondering whats missing in my candidature and application.
In past 3 years, I have seen so so much foreigners coming in Singapore, especially I think in Foreign Labor area. I myself believe that Singapore has become over crowded with Foreigners, But people living here for a long time, who have fallen in Love with the country and its culture and values and believes, people like me who find Singapore like Heaven.. they get a little disappointed by this decision.
But still I believe its for good.

So is contributing to social services enough , actually this area I always wonder where can I work as a volunteer for part time social work, I would really like to do that.. and thats not anywhere related to PR, I just want to work for this community.

singaporeflyer
Manager
Manager

Postby singaporeflyer » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:11 pm

To be honest 3 years is not a long time..there are people have been for 6-7 years and still being rejected for PR.

So, please dont say that 3 years is a long time.

if you want to really volunteer start with the below

http://www.nvpc.org.sg/pgm/others/nvpc_ ... ublic.aspx

http://www.sgcares.org/

http://www.volunteersingapore.com/blog/

maktuub

Postby maktuub » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 12:12 pm

Thanks Singapore Flyer.

JayCee
Reporter
Reporter

Postby JayCee » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 1:18 pm

maktuub wrote:Hi,

Let's be honest here, Indian guys with 6 years experience in IT are ten-a-penny, MNCs are full of them and they're not as highly sought after or desired as you think.

The first step to getting PR is probably taking a step back and seeing what you can offer to Singapore and how you have proven this so far, rather then viewing yourself or your husband as a "superstar" just because you or he work for a big bank or some other MNC.

Take a look at what's been happening regarding PR applications since before the GE and realise that 3 years is not that long (and it doesn't suddenly count for double just because you work for "one of the biggest banks in the world" or something else) and you yourself haven't even been working for one year yet
I HAVE MASTERS!

revhappy
Editor
Editor

Postby revhappy » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:00 pm

maktuub wrote:Hi,

Kindly suggest.

Higher than average is relative. How high is high? Is your husband on a P1 pass, if not, its still average.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 23 Aug 2011 3:13 pm

Doesn't matter how high it is if he's the not the flavour of the month.